Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took it home, then took it appart

Comment

Parked it up near a petrol garage 'til it had cooled down enough to put more water in to get it home.

Comment

Originally posted by BB Brighton View Post
        I've only had my Surf for about a month but the same evening that I bought it I got lost on the country roads of Sussex. When I noticed that a few of the roads were less than roads, just mud I thought this is what I want!
        There's a really good pay and play site that's open once a month in Slindon mate, just past Arundel. If you want to take it off road, then that's the place to go round here...

http://www.4x4driving.co.uk/owners_days.php

Comment

went to the beach

and played in the surf, in the surf
          Attached Files
          Life is not a dress rehearsal
          1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
          (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Comment

After buying via ebay from some very dodgy blokes here in london I threw some winter tyres on it (thanks the gods!!), drove to switzerland in one hit, took my brothers on a two week snowboarding mission throughout the alps. several overheats / sketchy brake fades and an operation to repair blown ligaments in my shoulder, I drove one armed back to mates wedding in dublin via amsterdam and london. Couple major snowstorms and then back to London - 4k miles all up!

Shortly afterwards did the viscous fan mod and installed a water temp gauge - havn't had an issue since. knock on wood

Comment

Before I brought mine the bloke I was buying it off took me to the tank tracks on salisbury plain then went cruising around the whole weekend in it

Comment

Bought a garage runabout and went to Italy on posting.... 5 years later and back in UK G2 is still running fine some 20000k later less Alps, firenze etc.. Great truck

😁
                The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

First day of ownership I took it home! It was a long evening. Went to pick the truck up then came home via the place I was picking the 35" tyres up from.

Second day we went out and promptly got stuck, really stuck!

I quickly learnt for 4wd the hubs had to be locked!

Comment

Kudos on fessing up

Comment

No point fibbing!

In my defence the site was littered with bits of rope/ straps/ wood etc so obviously a fair few have fallen foul here!

What was annoying was the water wasn't deep, as you can see by mate 1 standing in it!

But my god was the silty mud deep, and the ruts deeper!

That combined with trying to use MORE POWER to get out and open diffs left us low and wet (Can't say high and dry) once we dug ourselves to the diffs!

I had to be rescued by a Defender of all things!

Comment

Working...
                      X