New here, Need help with Head R&R - 1994 3.0 KZTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, Need help with Head R&R - 1994 3.0 KZTE

Hello, Jumping in the deep end. I need guidance!!

I fell in love with my 1994 Surf on the test drive, owner was driving it and everything was perfect - Then - it overheated, BAD!
    I bought it at a big discount, knowing the head was probably junk,, so I love it but my first task is R & R the head.

I am very mechanical but totally new to this engine and vehicle.

Finally a question,, Can you guys point me to the best place on this forum to learn details of the R& R and all the little things I probably need to know?

I need info fast, I am about to pull the head off tomorrow. I am at the point of removoing the EGR pipe at the back of the exhaust manifold,,(that bottom bolt is a big [pain in the ArS%^). Can I delete the EGR valve/ and the pipe that bolts to the back of the manifold? or is that a bad Idea?

Why did it overheat, well the guy knew of the importance of keeping it cool, he bought a new large aluminum radiator even though it never had a problem,, but did not burp it enough before we took off, it ran so perfect, and so fast! untill it got real hot, then it would not start. it went home on a trailer with me that day! I was still happy because in relation to the diesel jeep I have beeen driving it out performed it hands down!

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":1296935}[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
Working...
X