yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie needing help!! - Mk3 Diesel LN05 Hilux Surf Twin Cab with Jib Crane in the bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needing help!! - Mk3 Diesel LN05 Hilux Surf Twin Cab with Jib Crane in the bed

Hi all, great forum - Certainly one of the better ones i've seen in the past!

I'd love some advice from some professionals if poss:

My father in law is looking to sell his 139,000 mile 1991 Hilux Surf Mk3 Diesel (LN05?). He's only selling as he's been given a newer and easier car to drive. It's been in the family for 20 years and has had 4 owners since new. Never driven hard and never been off-road, a well looked after workhorse.

Its a Japanese import and has been kept running as a daily driver ever since. It's pretty rare as far as I can tell, unusual colour, has a Toyota built-in jib crane (350kg max weight) and has a 3.0 Diesel engine as opposed to the 2.4's in the UK, side skirts and AC (needs gassing)!!. A very retro look to it - I love it!

All the electrics work as they should, original wheels, mechanically sound and drives perfect, Had a new clutch a couple of years back.

Now, as you can see - Those wheel arches are not sporting OEM gaffer tape! The panels either need replacing or some work needs doing to them to make them look less terrible.

I'm thinking of buying this myself to keep it in the family (I probably won't but my missus has known this car since she was 8 years old so its sentimental) but wanted some advice first:

What would you do with it and whats she worth in tip-top condition?

Please see pics, apart from the tailgate dent wheel arches and a few rust spots its pretty tidy for a 28-year-old bruiser! Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jamook

Hi and welcome!

It's a Hilux pickup, not a surf, I'm thinking you might get more responses on the pickup forum.

Surfs are the SUV version. They were based on the pickup up to 1994 ( 2nd Gen). The 3rd Gen, from 1995, shared the same chassis as the Colorado/Prado and the FJ cruiser.

If you post the engine code from the plate in the engine bay you can tell what engine it is.

I'm thinking it could be the 2.8 non turbo? (Known as the 3L engine)

Cheers

Comment

I would try the HPOC group on Facebook.
      Thanks
      Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

I think you should keep it for sure, it needs some cosmetic works and it will look new, and to be honest, I have never seen such an old car in such great condition. I remeber before I started[URL="https://www.avatarfleet.com"] Driver Recruting Software[/URL] I was training on this kind of pickup with a big tow for 2 cars behind, but mine was not in such great condition even technically, and the engine died after I sold it to one of my neighbors. Now I have the 2018 Ford F150 diesel and I can say that it's the greatest one on the market for me.
        Last edited by AndrewAve; 24 February 2021, 01:01.

Comment

Working...
        X