yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new to the world of Surf, and I have questions for those able to tolerate me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to the world of Surf, and I have questions for those able to tolerate me!

Hello everyone!
    I hope you are well and up for an essay!

Before I get started, I feel I must address my username; it was a typo missing the 'F' key and I cannot change it, however, it has a certain ring to it, and i've accepted my fate. I kinda like it.

i've just bought my self a Hilux Surf M-Reg, i've wanted one for a while, it is a 1995 model year with a 3.0 Turbo Diesel. KZN130.
    She has a few problems;

1) Flashing OD light
    2) CV Boots inner AND outer are toast
    3) Rocker gasket leak
    4) Shock bushes perished
    5) Balljoints look toast too

The owner I bought it off has had a lift kit installed, and I believe it has accelerated the wear of the CV boots - in looking online some places are quoting £180.00 per CV axle, however I can get 4runner parts alot cheaper, are the suspension, wheel and driveline components interchangeable (excluding the RHD parts) between a US 1995 4runner and 1995 UK Surf? Both 4WD ofcourse.

I will be browsing the site for info, and see what other helpful tips are here! This is a great site, and I maybe needing it more in the not too distant future lol!

All the best,
    James

Hi and welcome!

The wear...is on the CV joint or the boots alone? If it's just the boots, then you can find them cheap, try Roughtrax, Milners, etc.

The OD light coming on can be a sign that one or more solenoids in the autobox need replacing. Do you have first gear or is it labouring and needs high revs before it gets going?
    If you search the forum there is a couple of threads on how to pull the OD codes, so that you know exactly which solenoid is at fault.To replace, the ATF sump needs to come off, after draining.

Hopefully, if your gear changes are normal, it's just an electrical fault of sort.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X