Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stupidity of some people

The stupidity of some people in this world never fails to amaze me. This
    picture is real - not doctored in anyway - and was taken in Waldorf by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it there in the parking lot of IHOP, he went and bought a camera to take pictures.

The car is still running as can be witnessed by the exhaust. A woman is
    either asleep or otherwise out in the front seat passenger side. The guy driving it was over jogging up and down on Rt. 925 in the background. The witnesses said their physical state was OTHER than normal and the police just shook their heads in amazement.

The driver finally came back after the police were there and was getting
    down at the back to cut the 'twine around the load. They told him to get back until it was taken off.

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they
    had the customer sign a waiver! Both back tires are trashed. The back shocks were driven up through the floorboard. In the back seat are 10 bags, 80 lbs. each of concrete. On the roof is many 2X4s, 4X4s and OSL sheets of lumber. They estimated the load weight at least 3000 lbs.

The car is a VW Jetta with FL plates and the guy said he was headed for Annapolis.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TAF; 18 January 2005, 19:47.
    TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

I thought that my 24 18"x18" patio slabs and eight bags of sharp sand inside my Pug 306 was daft enough but that is mental. I was changing the shocks and rear springs the next day anyway.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

not quite so bad, but you see idiots towing caravans with the arse dragging on the ground... !!!!!!s!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I remember as a kid when my dad took me to pick up some joists for the loft conversion he was doing . If you can imagine about twenty 13ft x 7 inch joists
        on top of his mini metro.We drove about 50 miles with them on the top and never got stopped once.

I asked him about the story over xmas and we had a great laugh listening to him.Then he said he went back for the 20 8x4 chipboard floorboards.

Never again
        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

not gonna tell anyone about the shed i strapped to the roof of my surf!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If you put the seats down you could have put it inside
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

It's confession time. I borrowed my brothers Transit panel van and talked the forklift driver into putting a 1 tonne bag of sand in the back. I never gave a thought to how I was going to get it out at home, apart from shovelling it out. That turned out to be hard work, so I put a rope through the handles and twice round the lamp post ono our front garden. I then accelerated away, leaving the bag on the ground........................ ...........and the lamp post slightly off the vertical. The neighbours had a good laugh and vowed silence. The lamp post stayed that way until the council replaced them all about three years ago.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

I was doing a demolition job and m+e strip out and rammed six and a half tones of copper wire into a swb transit with a fork truck

It was hired of course

Then it was off down the m4

When we got back to the yard We had to pull it out with a 7.5 tone ford cargo
                TAF

All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  not gonna tell anyone about the shed i strapped to the roof of my surf!
                  Many years ago, a mates dad had been given a green-house that someone no-longer wanted. It was a fairly large green house (already built in someone elses garden), maybe 25ftx10ft. The three of us spent a few hours removing all the panes of glass, before we got to figuring out how to get the frame back to his house. As it was only a short journey, we ended up lifting the frame over his transit van (the van ended up inside the frame) and driving it round. We then realised that there was no way we could get the frame down the path to the back garden, and had to lift it over the 10ft church wall at the back of the house.

That was an interesting day.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

4x4 stickers

Years ago, a man bought a Toyota Hilux with 4x4 stickers on the front doors.
                    Someday, he notice somebody write with a piece of steel "=16" after the stickers.

Mad thing to do! The man was p*ssed off about it and make new painture.
                    A week later, notice the same thing!!
                    Another "heart attack" and another painture, but now complete "4X4=16".
                    And relax a little.
                    One week later, someboby with the same piece of steel wrote after:
                    RIGHT!

Jose Carlos (Charles)
                    "Everybody need something. I think I need a beer..."

Comment

Working...
                    X