Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im feeling brave

I’m going to drill a hole in my roof tonight to fit a PMR antenna

I have looked all over this site, got info about removing the head lining. That’s about it, I’m just going to centre punch it and drill away!

Wish me luck.

PS, does anyone know where to get hole blankers.......just in case.........
    Johnny

Stick a peice of masking tape over where you want to drill, then drill away, the drill should'nt slip at all.

(remember to turn the hammer action off............ )
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i remember one of my mates going to look at a williams cleo about 10 years ago - had a nice hole in the roof left from a k40 cb antenna - it was cheaper by over a grand to others he'd looked at because of the hole.

is it really worth the bother when there are some really good alternatives available?

Chris
      (with three antennas on the roof rack!!)

Comment

Go on. Drill the hole. I would. Does fitting roof rails de-value your car?

After you have finished with the car you can always fix a plate on the inside, fill and spray the area where the hole was. I've done it on several vehicles and the new owners haven't even noticed.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Stick a peice of masking tape over where you want to drill, then drill away, the drill should'nt slip at all.

(remember to turn the hammer action off............ )
          Sounds like you have experienced this blunder before maestro?? me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
            Sounds like you have experienced this blunder before maestro?? me thinks.
            hehe, not this time, read it somewhere ages back, so tried it and it worked

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              hehe, not this time, read it somewhere ages back, so tried it and it worked

I thought that was for drilling kitchen/bathroom tiles !!
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
              X