yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn- Why Have My Kids Got Such Good Taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn- Why Have My Kids Got Such Good Taste?

Is it that they have been well brought up?

I have just gone to play some CDs. It looks like the girls have "borrowed" my Essential Al Green, both of my Joss Stone albums, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Bobby Womack and a CD of rare Northern Soul that I spent ages burning from the original singles.
    The Reggae stuff that neither had borrowed has miraculously re-appeared (Marley, Third World etc).

Have your kids started getting a taste for your music?
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Is it that they have been well brought up?

I have just gone to play some CDs. It looks like the girls have "borrowed" my Essential Al Green, both of my Joss Stone albums, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Bobby Womack and a CD of rare Northern Soul that I spent ages burning from the original singles.
    The Reggae stuff that neither had borrowed has miraculously re-appeared (Marley, Third World etc).

Have your kids started getting a taste for your music?
    My son said the other night 'come and listen to this mum, brilliant music (he liked the guitar bit) but the words are a bit c**p' It was.......My Sweet Lord by George Harrison (I think), now there's a blast from the past!

Comment

My nine year old daughter sings along to The F.L.C. and Chili Peppers on the school run. She knows all the words which can raise eyebrows in company!!

Comment

Originally posted by marticogo
        My nine year old daughter sings along to The F.L.C. and Chili Peppers on the school run. She knows all the words which can raise eyebrows in company!!
        My 6 year old is into Dido/Scissor Sisters/ZZ Top/Bryan Adams but not Busted (they're just "OK")
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

My sons only two but I feel he likes the Jimmi Hendrix i play in the surf everyday

Other favourites are, Led Zepplin, Bob Dylan (his name is Dylan so he should like that )

I`m a bit concerned that he is being introduced to Ronan Keating far too often in the wifes car, hopefully he does not choose that line of music to follow

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
            My sons only two but I feel he likes the Jimmi Hendrix i play in the surf everyday

Other favourites are, Led Zepplin, Bob Dylan (his name is Dylan so he should like that )

I`m a bit concerned that he is being introduced to Ronan Keating far too often in the wifes car, hopefully he does not choose that line of music to follow
            Mr Hendrix SIR, now we're talking.

You didn't by any chance take your user name from a character in the BEST film of all time (you probably know the one with Kevin Spacey in)?.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
              Mr Hendrix SIR, now we're talking.

You didn't by any chance take your user name from a character in the BEST film of all time (you probably know the one with Kevin Spacey in)?.

Cheers

Yeah, I`m a total film buff, and use Verbal because its THE best film I`ve ever watched. The twist is easily the best in film history.

There is nothing better than driving across some hills listening to Crosstown traffic

Comment

My 10 y/o son seems to have taken to the Chilis, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and Electric Six. Turns his nose up at Boy Bands / Girl Bands and is learning guitar with the aim of getting his mates together to form a band. He is also really into my Surf, reckons its the best car I've ever had (and I've had some cool cars - Celica GT4, Mk1 MR2, Mk2 CRX VTEC, Alfa 145 Cloverleaf) AND hammers me when we are mountain biking. The boy is a god in short pants!

Yet to get him into Hendrix, The Doors and James Brown, but still plenty of time.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
                  Yeah, I`m a total film buff, and use Verbal because its THE best film I`ve ever watched. The twist is easily the best in film history.

There is nothing better than driving across some hills listening to Crosstown traffic
                  Or How about Ezy Rider - HSBC did pick some good music for that ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    My 10 y/o son seems to have taken to the Chilis, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and Electric Six. Turns his nose up at Boy Bands / Girl Bands and is learning guitar with the aim of getting his mates together to form a band. He is also really into my Surf, reckons its the best car I've ever had (and I've had some cool cars - Celica GT4, Mk1 MR2, Mk2 CRX VTEC, Alfa 145 Cloverleaf) AND hammers me when we are mountain biking. The boy is a god in short pants!

Yet to get him into Hendrix, The Doors and James Brown, but still plenty of time.
                    Man, I almost forgot about The Doors, how could I do that !!!

Comment

My stepson's getting into all sorts at the moment, Hawkwind, Motorhead, Rush and black sabbath, shame he go's and spoils it by getting the eminem album !

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
                        My stepson's getting into all sorts at the moment, Hawkwind, Motorhead, Rush and black sabbath, shame he go's and spoils it by getting the eminem album !

Andy.
                        I like Eminem but, hey, I am Daniels Funky Grandad. (The other one he calls Grumpy Grandad!).
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Me and the Yorkshire dwarf had a laugh at the daughters expense on holiday last year, ?they had a tribute band to Abba only thing is she only knows the songs sung by STEPS . She could not get to grips when we were singing the songs line by line. Oh for cover songs to get the brain cells working again.
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                          X