Upcoming modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming modifications

I have just bought a new set of wheels, all i need to figure out now is what if anything i need to do to get them to fit????
    The wheels are 16" splitrims with 265/75/16 tyres, i have some arches arriving tomorrow to hide them but not sure if i will need a 2" lift to get clearance???? can anyone tell me??
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

These tyres will foul your front mudflaps. they may also catch your front bumper endcaps.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

So a 2" lift may be required then, when you say bumper end caps do you mean the arch sections on the bumper???? i dont have any and will be fitting aftermarket arches, does this make a difference??

Comment

I have just measured the diameter and width of tread in inches and the tyres stand 31" tall and are 10.5" wide. I thought that 31x10.5 will fit a standard surf???? I will probably go ahead with a 2" lift anyway just for the hell of it!!!!

Comment

They fit!!!!

Had to give it a go so bolted them on tonight, not much clearance but they do fit, i will be giving it a 2" lift and some arches soon to complete the new look, i am well pleased with the wheels. will take a better piccie in daylight.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
            Had to give it a go so bolted them on tonight, not much clearance but they do fit, i will be giving it a 2" lift and some arches soon to complete the new look, i am well pleased with the wheels. will take a better piccie in daylight.

that your van in the background? if so you may well share my surname
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Its my van but not my surname, my surname is Small which really doesnt suit me very well!! Crispin & Borst is the company i work for.

Comment

Fitted the 2" lift springs today from LA Supertrux, they certainly work, also tweaked the torsion bars a bit to give about 1" up on the front.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, need ot get my 2" raise too, looks ok, but went ot see tonyN and Linda today and reckoning that the back is sagging a bit. Might as well get the lift springs while i'm at sorting it out. Onwards and, well, UPWARDS i guess. Pictures soon, it's looking kinda good...
                  ======
                  Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Working...
                  X