Surf's been in an accident !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf's been in an accident !!

10.00am this morning, some dick head decided to pull out of a side road without looking, onto the main road i was on and hit me full on, straight into my passenger front end. Thankfully the Toyota A bar took most of the impact.

Dickheads admitted it, got witness, and now found out what the cameras on mobile phones were made for!! so insurance will cover it.

Question is has anyone else been in this situation, and what are genuine parts like to get hold of for a kzn130, cause, although i can get a hire car and claim it off dickheads insurance, i dont want to be surfless for long

looks like i'll need
    #1. New passenger side front wing (do new ones come without fittings for the stupid little mirror, hopefully its a chance to get rid of it !)
    #2. New chrome bumper
    #3. New chrome grill
    #4. new wing wheel arch extension things (above and below the chrome bumper)
    #5. New indicator assembly
    #6. New chrome front light surround
    #7. New toyota A bar
    #8. Whatever the A bar was attached to also looks like its bent to f22k (2 bolts either side screwed into it)
    #9 Sump guard
    #10 front spots
    #11 inner wing stuff (under the wheel arch)

thats what i can see

Anyone been in this situation, whats availability of parts like and how long were you off the road ???

Oh and by the way his car was in a right fookin mess, and he'd only insured it third party fire and theft !!!!

Parts

Hi mate sorry to hear about your little misshap we have just repaired a Ln130
    it needed,
    1/ 2new front wings "Milners"
    2/ bonnet "Milners"
    3/ 2 headlights "Milners"
    4/ 2 side lights Chrome "Milners"
    5/ 2 Front indicators "Milners"
    6/ Front chrome bumber "Toyota"
    7/ Lower Bumper valance "Toyota"
    8/ Front Grill Chrome "Toyota"
    The only thing we could not get was a new chrome "A-Bar", Milners delivered within 24hrs, Toyota 7 days max so dont worry about getting parts.

PS> After all its the same front as a "4Runner"
    Last edited by Hilux; 14 November 2004, 19:04. Reason: adding
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by charlski
      10.00am this morning, some dick head decided to pull out of a side road without looking, onto the main road i was on and hit me full on, straight into my passenger front end. Thankfully the Toyota A bar took most of the impact.

Dickheads admitted it, got witness, and now found out what the cameras on mobile phones were made for!! so insurance will cover it.

Question is has anyone else been in this situation, and what are genuine parts like to get hold of for a kzn130, cause, although i can get a hire car and claim it off dickheads insurance, i dont want to be surfless for long

looks like i'll need
      #1. New passenger side front wing (do new ones come without fittings for the stupid little mirror, hopefully its a chance to get rid of it !)
      Milners.
      #2. New chrome bumper
      ?
      #3. New chrome grill
      ?
      #4. new wing wheel arch extension things (above and below the chrome bumper)
      Milners
      #5. New indicator assembly
      Milners
      #6. New chrome front light surround
      #7. New toyota A bar
      #8. Whatever the A bar was attached to also looks like its bent to f22k (2 bolts either side screwed into it)
      #9 Sump guard
      #10 front spots
      #11 inner wing stuff (under the wheel arch)
      Milners
      thats what i can see

Anyone been in this situation, whats availability of parts like and how long were you off the road ???

Oh and by the way his car was in a right fookin mess, and he'd only insured it third party fire and theft !!!!
      Sorry to hear about that. Maybe your cloaking device malfunctioned?
      I would think that Streetluge Chris or Bob Hilux might be able to help with the chrome bits. Either them or a long wait for Toyota Japan.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Cheers for the replys ............. update is, ive been in Biarritz for 3 days with work, back today to find that the parts have been ordered, all in stock at Toyota UK, should be delivered by end of week, and the icing on the cake is, insurance have sorted out a non fault replacement vehicle whilst the surfs being repaired .......... no less than a 04 toyota hilux double cab pick up .......... stoked !!

Comment

and the icing on the cake is, insurance have sorted out a non fault replacement vehicle whilst the surfs being repaired .......... no less than a 04 toyota hilux double cab pick up .......... stoked !!
          Sweet, hope you tried out a few local greenlanes!
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers for the replys ............. update is, ive been in Biarritz for 3 days with work, back today to find that the parts have been ordered, all in stock at Toyota UK, should be delivered by end of week, and the icing on the cake is, insurance have sorted out a non fault replacement vehicle whilst the surfs being repaired .......... no less than a 04 toyota hilux double cab pick up .......... stoked !!

Sorry to hear about the shunt glad all will be sorted........

Now then where are you going to park the rental truck the night before you take it back...(parts anyone ???)

Better still.
            BRING IT TO THE PIT THIS WEEKEND
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
              Sorry to hear about the shunt glad all will be sorted........

Now then where are you going to park the rental truck the night before you take it back...(parts anyone ???)

Better still.
              BRING IT TO THE PIT THIS WEEKEND
              We could all have a go then!!!!!
              I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Nice replacement - who are your insurers???

Glad to hear the truck will soon be well again!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

sorry to hear, just a point to make to everyone, if taking photo's of an accident, it must be a film type camera, not digital. digital piccys are not admissable in court. so keep one of those disposable ones in your glovebox.
                  [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

I had a similar experience the day after I got my surf, so commiserations! My tailgate got bent and have been advised that some parts are on back order from Toyota so don't know how long it will be (been nearly a month so far!) Fortunately, smurf still driveable so not without it.

Insurance company offered me a Golf replacement at first. Then a Hilux pickup. When I told them my horsey gear (saddles etc) would get wet in the back, they offered to find some bags to put them in!!! Obviously told them to get lost - why should I be inconvenienced by their customer! Negotiations continue!

I'd recommend that everyone phone the police when they're involved in an accident - no matter how small - as, no matter how much evidence you have, the culprit may not be insured, even if he says he is. The old bill will check that he is who he says he is and that the car is registered and insured to that person. Better safe than having to fork out massive premiums on renewal!

Comment

Yeah your right

getting the old bill called is a good idea ............ when my insurance first spoke to his insurance is showed up that he'd reported this car stolen 6 months ago, and at one point it was looking like a fraudulent claim. turns out they then located info that he had sent through when it was recovered and thus therefore was insured ......................... but for about 2 hours i was crapping it. Seems that my legal protection would have possibly covered it anyway, but having old bill at the scene could have possibly clarified things a lot quicker !! didnt realise about the digital pics not being valid in court................. does that mean that digital speed camera pics are also not valid in court !!!!!!!!!! hypocrisy in full swing no doubt !!

Comment

didnt realise about the digital pics not being valid in court................. does that mean that digital speed camera pics are also not valid in court !!!!!!!!!! hypocrisy in full swing no doubt !!
                        I have always found that insurers will accept digital pics - having done this a few times with bikes...

Digital pics should be accepted as long as they have not been edited - even if just to adjust lighting.

Sauce for the goose...
                        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

................. does that mean that digital speed camera pics are also not valid in court !!!!!!!!!!

it's not that they are strictly in-admissable, Their weight as evidence will be decided by authentication methods such as encryption or watermarking and particularly a secure audit trail from initial image to copy produced in court. this would be impossible with a personal digital camera. (speeding tickets are authenticated) this applies to all digital images cctv, etc. so use a disposable camera where there will be practically no doubt (just make sure you use a developing service. and not your own darkroom)
                          Last edited by stara; 18 November 2004, 23:53.
                          [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
                          X