Virgin Surfer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Surfer..

Ive read the faq's and alot more of this forum (very nice by the way)

And have a couple of questions:

1stly What to look for when buying my 1st surf (going to view this weekend)
    I know the obvious stuff im thinking specific to surf issues..

Also, is the 3.0td the one to buy rarther than the 2.4td? This is my 1st 4x4 and i dont want to regret it later..? thoughts?

Also has anyone had dealings with www.vineplace.co.uk (where a 2.4td is)

Or http://www.penygroes-motors.co.uk/ that has a nice 3.0td

Again im after a manual..

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed...

the 3.0 litre is probably your best bet if you can afford one, more power and no head problems, as for vine place, maybe a little pricey but i bought my 2.4 from them about 16mth ago and it,s been spot on since i got it, (touch wood) sailed through an MOT a couple of month ago, only probs have been air-con, new pump supplied and fitted by vine place under warranty and heated rear window, fixed easily with the help of this wonderful forum.
    also buy some paracetomol as your jaw will ache with the big stupid grin you,ll be wearing when you get one

ship

Comment

If I'd the money, I'd have a 3.0.

Try this...

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Good Luck

Mark
      :

Comment

Got mine from vine place and very pleased with them and it.
        they are not the cheapest but i got very good service from them wich among other things included a free set of spots and a CD player full service and they even changed the timing belt when i asked even though it was not due for a few thousand km's just for my peace of mind.
        They gave me all the japanese paper work did a BIMTA check and a warenty.
        They are also the only place i have heard of that go to the effort of giving you a drivers handbook for the car.
        Their spanner monkeys are also very good and quite accomodating, i have phoned them up a couple of times just to pick there brains and they could not have been more helpfull.
        only down points are that it took them 2 weeks to put it through the SVA and they are not the cheapest.......but hey. swings and roundabouts...

P.S.
        as the others have said i would go for the 3.0l
        mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...
        X