seat belt extensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat belt extensions?

i need to get hold of a seat belt extender, as i guess i'm a bit bigger than my surfs first japanese owner and its rather tight!

Any one got a spare or know where i could get one from?
    I've tried a websearch and found nowt.

thanks
    adam

"silly keeps you sane"

tried to get some for my back seats to stretch around baby seat but no luck...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Not looked too deep into this Adam but heres a few sites that have come up by typing "seat belt extender" or "seat belt extender toyota" without quotes in the google search and selecting UK Pages

http://www.securon.com/fitting/extra..._extenders.htm

http://www.carseat.org/Technical/641_Extend.pdf - in here about toyota but USA number.....try phoning/visiting local toyota garage

Toyota
      Customer Service: 800-331-4331
      Yoshio Ishizaka, President/CEO
      Toyota Motor Sales USA
      19001 Southwestern Ave
      PO Box 2991
      Torrance, CA 90509
      11/9/2002 update: Look http://www.ifisher.com/toyota.htm to see a copy of the paperwork that is filled out when you need a Toyota seat belt extender

Added 10/7/04:
      Just so you know, Toyota only makes the seatbelt extenders for their newer cars. I have had a 1997 and a 2000 Toyota pickups and they gave me seatbelt extenders at no charge. They were very courteous and great about it.

However, I now have a 1980 Toyota pickup and my local dealership says they do not make the seatbelt extenders anymore for it. I don't like not wearing a seatbelt, but feel that I have no choice unless I can find an extender or go to the expense of changing my seatbelts to accomodate whatever seatbelt extender I can find. The worst of this is that it puts me in violation of state law, but I do not seem to have any choice. --Carole
      Last edited by Gizmo; 7 November 2004, 20:58.
      Gaz

Comment

thanks for all the info Gary.

I'll be contacting Toyota today - see if they can help.

Just trying to figure out why your truck looks different in the avatar, then i realised - its clean!
        adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Just as an FYI

Did some digging and the extensions are not recommended for baby seats, only child booster seats. This is the same advice on all 'reputable' websites I found.

However, have managed to find a supplier for a complete unit on eBay, if anybody comes across this thread. They are called KPC and have their own website as well and supply securon seatbelts.

KPC Online - eBay shop for 314mm seat belt
          Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Working...
          X