basic info required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic info required

Hi, ive just purshased a 1996 3.0 ltr surf for my sister out in france and would like to know if anyone knows where i can purchase left hand drive head lights, also any basic info like tyre pressures would be great
    thanks
    matt

Originally posted by matt stickels
    .....also any basic info like tyre pressures would be great.....
    That's why we have a search button at the top, this was asked yet again only yesterday
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      That's why we have a search button at the top, this was asked yet again only yesterday
      Dude,

You giving up smokin? Seems a bit 'shouty'

NorthWestDirt
      [aka Paul]

Comment

Hi, ive just purshased a 1996 3.0 ltr surf for my sister out in france and would like to know if anyone knows where i can purchase left hand drive head lights, also any basic info like tyre pressures would be great
        thanks
        matt

Most people run between 29 and 33 psi in 31x10.50x15 or 265/70/15's. Not sure about the headlights tho.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

thanks
          matt
          Hi Matt.
          I usually have between 30 - 32 in mine and seems ok to me. I have got 265/75/16 BFG A/T's all round. Dont think you'll have much luck finding left hand lights in the UK, so I reckon you'd be better getting a light kit (not sure of the proper name) then see if you can get the lights from a Toyota dealer in France..Good luck.

Comment

Sorry for appearing shouty, but I really wish people would try a search first. This particular question (tyre pressures) arose again only yesterday, so a quick glance should have shown this, let alone a search.

Constantly covering the same point’s only serves to clutter the forum, making the archives unnecessarily bloated and ultimately more difficult to search in a meaningful way. In addition, although each such posting may be small, the number of reply’s they attract add up, especially when it’s a topic that’s asked again and again, all this adds to the amount of storage space the forum requires and therefore the overall cost of hosting the forum. This may not be a hugh factor in the cost of the forum, but it is a factor we can help control. To date the mods have been able to permit such luxuries as unlimited numbers of pictures posted etc, even to non subscribing members, something rarely found elsewhere, keeping costs down is in all our interests to help enable continuance of such items.

Forums in general are terrific resources, I’ve learned a terrific amount from them (and not just this one either), they have assisted me in all manner of things from fixing my gas boiler thru pc problems to troubleshooting various cars over the years. Finding info on such forums is always so much harder when there is a lot of unnecessary repetition to wade thru.

Constantly giving people the easy way out, will not in the end help them. Encourage them to use the facilities available and they will more than likely find and learn a few extra items. I might stretch an analogy a little to make the point, but as is said of the
            3rd world, "give them food and they will eat for a day, give them the tools to grow their own, and they can eat for a lifetime"
            I know that’s stretching it, but the principal is the same.
            Ultimately I would prefer to point someone to a method that will help him or her to educate themself.

Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

FAQ maybe?

As this does get asked quite a lot, maybe it should be the subject of a FAQ?

Also, on a similar vein, howabout a FAQ on tyre sizes?
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Maurice

Well put, gets a little boring seeing the same old questions:

whats the red button for?
                only does 20mpg
                my back window stopped working etc etc....

I use the search facility and it does get frustrating wading thru hundreds of threads all saying the same thing.

This an excellent forum with some good characters regulary posting and I too would have been stuck without it.

I am getting off the soap box now, whos next?

Steve
                Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Replying to the headlights, GO to an american site and look for the Toyota 4Runner. They should be the same, but LHD...

Comment

thanks
                    matt
                    Would that be the Blue/Silver one bought from Hamilton in Scotland Matt, was on Ebay till removed early?
                    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

Comment

Working...
                    X