Tire pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressures

can any one tell me the correct tire pressures im running them all round at mo at 31 psi all so what generation is my ssr x 3.0 turbo its reg as a M plate

Originally posted by smnspark
    can any one tell me the correct tire pressures im running them all round at mo at 31 psi all so what generation is my ssr x 3.0 turbo its reg as a M plate
    If you try a search of the forum, you'll find these have been covered many times before
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by smnspark
      generally people tend to run between 29 and 33 psi depending on preference, and what they are doing.
      M is 1995 I think so will be a 2nd Gen.
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

To throw a curve ball it also depends on the tyres and what they are designed to run at. I find that if I run my BFG All Terrains at 29 they slide in the wet and the fuel consumption is worse.

Running them at 33 makes a big difference. I think that the only way is to play with them and see what feels the best.

Edit: As for the generation the M plate is the changeover year from 3nd to 3rd. Have a look at the engine plate or the log book. KZN130 is 2nd Gen, KZN185 is 3rd gen.

Rich.
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

thanks

thanks all that means mines a 2nd gen hope thats good news and i,ll try the pressures at 31 4 awhile . still trying to source the problem with the mirrors got power to them at the mirrors themselfs but they just dont want to move guess a big stick will have to be called opon.

Comment

any ideas what to run 33's at? my fuel consumption is terrible at the moment at 25psi.

Comment

Originally posted by computingfuture
              any ideas what to run 33's at? my fuel consumption is terrible at the moment at 25psi.
              You probably want to take it up to at least 30psi.

A good way to check if they are correct for the car, wait till it is wet, put a piece of plywood on the floor and run over with the car. The tyre marck should tell you how appropriate the tyre pressure is. If you get a full tyre mark with good markings all across the tread then it is OK, if the middle is not distinct then the pressure is too low, if the edges are not distinct then the pressure is too high.

Cheers

Comment

I read this on the Aussie forum somewhere once.Think it came from a tyre manufacturer.Correct tyre pressure can be determined by inflating tyre to certain pressure cold and then driving to heat up tyres.If the pressure difference between cold and hot is 4PSI higher then original pressure was correct.If an increase of more than 4PSI then increase original pressure slightly.If less than 4PSI decrease original pressure slightly.Will try and find the link and post it here.

Neville

Comment

Working...
                X