Parental Approval????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parental Approval????????

Well, it's over and done with now..........my parents have finally met mama smurf!! Travelled down the weekend, ready to surprise them both, anxiously awaiting their reaction, and what were my dads first words??? I wish I was broke so I could afford one of those!! Ah, the wonder of sarcastic parents, and oh, the wonder of finance!! Mum really likes it and now wants one for poodling around doing her shopping!!!

33 years old and still it seems, my dad thinks I should seek his approval on every car I buy.............quote 'now what you want to get is a nice economical car, one that does about 300 miles to the gallon' YES DAD, RIGHT! And when the engine is knackered I can replace it with my hairdryer and it will probably go faster!!

PARENTS....don't you just love 'em?!

My dad has now re-named me Trucker Bird! (yes I did spell that correctly)

It's amazing how many people think, that if you have a Surf, you are driving a really expensive car. Those that I have confided in that my truck was less than £6K have been amazed! The usual comment is, " A lot of car for the money."

I'm very lucky. My mates think my Mum is not normal. She never gives me advice unless I ask for it. Never tells me what to do. Never interferes. Doesn't tell me to be careful. Lesley thinks she is the best mother-in-law. In fact, thinking about it, she is strange for a woman!!!!!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

mums are great... i was round visiting some bird* on sunday night and at 1 am my mum phoned to make sure i'd set my clocks forward so i'm on time for work in the morning!

(*- actually it was penny and she's real nice, probably be at xmas drinks with me!)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        mums are great... i was round visiting some bird* on sunday night and at 1 am my mum phoned to make sure i'd set my clocks forward so i'm on time for work in the morning!

(*- actually it was penny and she's real nice, probably be at xmas drinks with me!)
        Was you late Matt?? cos they went back.

Comment

Working...
        X