help needed please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed please....

after months of various garages looking at our surf ( stalling and won't start from hot ) we have been informed by the latest garage that the earth to the fuel cut off is controlled by the ecu and this is causing the problems . Would the ECU cause these problems and if so, where and how much would this cost, can they be changed out easily?????It is a 91 2.4 efi

ECU are expensive so get calling round scrap yards!!

For my Peugeot quoted £200 for a new one

£15 from a scrappies still working perfectly after 18 months about the only thing that is!!
    Off Roading Rules!! When's the next meet??

[IMG

Comment

THORNTON BREAKERS have got 2 x 2.4 surfs in at the moment www.thorntonbreakers.co.uk not shown on the site but call them.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

ECU works off a resistance in the cicuit and other stuff like the sensors , so may be the earth of the ECU it self needs to be checked for resistance etc . Also ECU may have a 'hot spot' on the circuit board inside which is causing a prob , this can be repaired by a link wire soldered in or a fresh solder spot put on . Check and tighten all earth points on engine and wirring loom as these can cause the fault .Loosen and retighten the connections .

Had an air bag light on a Peuget staying on , fault was a earth on engine It was tight but undid it and retightened to cure the ECU fault .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by casper
          after months of various garages looking at our surf ( stalling and won't start from hot ) we have been informed by the latest garage that the earth to the fuel cut off is controlled by the ecu and this is causing the problems . Would the ECU cause these problems and if so, where and how much would this cost, can they be changed out easily?????It is a 91 2.4 efi
          When I had the rangie suffered these symptoms twice, both times it was the starter motor on the way out. So bad that I couldn't even risk short trips in case the ruddy thing didn't restart. Another good reason for getting the Surf!
          Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Working...
          X