Oh F***, Call The Fire Brigade!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh F***, Call The Fire Brigade!!

Guess who was doing some welding today and set his Zook on fire?
    There I was with the mask up to my face, welding away like a good-un, then I took the mask away and the underseal had caught alight. The flames had burnt through the rubber fuel hose, where the fuel filter connects and because the tank is now above the chassis, the running petrol was burning. My neighbour called the Fire Brigade, but I managed to put it out before they arrived. It took them just 10mins to find our street and another 10mins to get the double parked cars moved. Luckily I had the mole grips to hand and pinched the rubber pipe together above where it was burning. When the flames subsided I blew out the remaining flames.
    My face would have been very red if it wasn't covered in soot!!
    It's only a hobby!

wouldnt it be interesting if cave men discovered fire that way..
    "[COLOR=Navy]Yeah but th[/COLOR][COLOR=Indigo]ats like, y[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]our op[/COLOR][COLOR=Teal]inion man... [/COLOR]"

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Guess who was doing some welding today and set his Zook on fire?
      There I was with the mask up to my face, welding away like a good-un, then I took the mask away and the underseal had caught alight. The flames had burnt through the rubber fuel hose, where the fuel filter connects and because the tank is now above the chassis, the running petrol was burning. My neighbour called the Fire Brigade, but I managed to put it out before they arrived. It took them just 10mins to find our street and another 10mins to get the double parked cars moved. Luckily I had the mole grips to hand and pinched the rubber pipe together above where it was burning. When the flames subsided I blew out the remaining flames.
      My face would have been very red if it wasn't covered in soot!!

you were lucky it was only that which caught fire and not the elastic band drive, they are costly to replace
      Glad you were OK though.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        you were lucky it was only that which caught fire and not the elastic band drive, they are costly to replace
        Glad you were OK though.
        No harm done. I just smell like a p*key now!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

So thats what the smell was drifting towards Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
            So thats what the smell was drifting towards Barton.
            Sorry about that. I did go and change my underwear when the nice firemen had gone.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Was it your 'friendly' nosey neighbour who called the FB ? Maybe it was just aswell he was about this time , eh?
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I
                Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                Was it your 'friendly' nosey neighbour who called the FB ? Maybe it was just aswell he was about this time , eh?
                It wasn't that one that dialled 999. It was another neighbour. The other one would have let the Zook burn, while telling me how I should have done it in the first place!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

At least it was the zook, it could have been the surf

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                      At least it was the zook, it could have been the surf

Trev
                      Nah, Surf not undersealed until naxt week and no chance of a petrol leak!
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Sense of deja vu here. Did you have the zook jacked up on two lengths of wood at the time?
                        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
                        X