X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont like Landies, but...

I really want this one.........
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=29748

Nice one Trev Before I get sin binned, I'd like to say, it's not really a Landy anymore, is it?

When I first started reading the description, I thought it was going to be a Hummer powered (7.5L I think?) one, from Potters Bar way. I asked the guy what the top speed was. He said, "I chickened out at 115MPH because they are not very aerodynamic!!!!!"
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Asking £7.5K for this is a joke. For that sort of money you'd expect things like a recent new galvanised chassis not an original one with repairs.

You can do lots of things with Landrovers but putting a 6500cc GMC engine in the front of a short wheelbase one is a dumb idea. It would work better in a LWB or even better a 101 forward control chassis.

As someone else already brought up the subject of Landrovers I suppose I ought to mention that I'm always interested in acquiring LR Rapier 127/130's and body/chassis parts unique to these models.

Comment

I came across this car too on E-bay.

I hope it doesn't have one of those 6 litre Chevy blocks rescued from the seabed. Apparently a load went down to the bottom once. When they were salvaged most ended up in UK Land Rover conversions. All is not what what it seems- let the buyer beware......

Also I agree about the comments on the chassis repair. Imagine if half your Surf chassis rots off- would you feel guilty selling some one a welded on repair for £7k (reserve not even met!!!)?

Pile of sh*te.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          I came across this car too on E-bay.

I hope it doesn't have one of those 6 litre Chevy blocks rescued from the seabed. Apparently a load went down to the bottom once. When they were salvaged most ended up in UK Land Rover conversions. All is not what what it seems- let the buyer beware......

Also I agree about the comments on the chassis repair. Imagine if half your Surf chassis rots off- would you feel guilty selling some one a welded on repair for £7k (reserve not even met!!!)?

Pile of sh*te.
          Don't hold back. Just say what you mean.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I wonder if he'll swap it for my Surf?
            I aint that daft.

Comment

Working...
            X