Snowboarding ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowboarding ?

Has anyone done snowboarding before ? I've foolishly booked a snowboarding holiday to Austria in January for me and the missis. Just wondering if it's relativly easy to pick up. I've skated and surfed before so I'll probably be ok but the missis is a little worried that she's gonna break a limb of something.

Andy.

I tried it for a day at the Lecht - ski place near me in Scotland - spent most of my time on my @rse... I ski a lot, but some say its harder for a skier to pick up. And more importantly, I was trying to teach myself - bad idea.

Other friends who 'board' tell me they got lessons, and were were able to get down pistes in 2-3 days and love it, just make sure you get instruction, and if in a class - make sure the instructor speaks good English.
    Where are you going in Austria? ive been to Saalbach and Bad Gastein,
    I have prefered Austria to France, much more atmosphere, better Apres Ski, the Austrians know how to party.
    I never tried boarding again, but took up Telemarking, on fat alpine skis, also a challenge, but great fun, but still getting tuition after 3 yrs!, its also good for Ski touring on the scottish hills - another reason to have a good 4x4, to get through the snow to the hills, looking forward to seeing how the 4runner copes in the snow this winter !
    andy
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Cheers for the advice Andy, we are off to Aximer Lizumn, I think it's quite near Innsbrook.
      We should be ok for lessons, it's an all inclusive holiday the lessons,lift pass and equipment is all included in the price.

Andy.

Comment

I've had snowboarding holidays for the last few years (and off again in Feb ), and it is definately great fun. It is supposed to be much easier to pick up than skiing - one year we had beginners with us in both disciplines, the snowboarders were having much more fun at the end of the week with only lessons from mates compared to the skiers who had proper lessons all week!

The lessons are well worth it and if you can get a few hour length sessions with just the 2 of you and 1 instructor, you'll improve much more in that hour than in a week of group lessons.

Oh, and you will spend alot of time on your arses!

And see if you can beat my best bruise - from 4" above my knee all the way to the base of my foot!

Smeg.

Comment

Have a GREAT time.

but !!!

Don't moan to me if you end up wearing Leather shorts !!!!

lol

Seriously LOVE the Schnapps !

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

This should cut down on the bruising !

Bring on the schnapps !
            Andy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Go to the Christchurch ski centre along Matchams Lane for some lessons before you go. and if you`re c**p at it, try ski bobbing or the doe-nuts,or stay in the bar
              Last edited by mtber; 31 October 2004, 15:09.
              Rick

Comment

Ask Tony - he did it for ages!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Ive got an ironing board and a tow rope if you want to practise first

Comment

Working...
                  X