Recaro Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recaro Seats

I've been a bit worried about undue ware on the drivers edge to the driving seat on my 1996 SRG Surf, which has done approx 93000 kms. Has anybody attempted to exchange the drivers seat with the front passengers seat, just the seat part not the rear as the adjusters would work out the wrong way around. The seat bases look to be the same form???

Mikeh

Seats

Hi l have done what you are asking with a set of 2nd gen seats, and the bases where different so l just took the covers off and changed them over.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

I had the same problem, a worn patch on the drivers side.

The brakets the seat fit on aren't inter-changable, due to the shape of the foot-well.

So you have to take the seats off the sliders. Meomory a bit foggy, but I think I removed hte plastic trim, then just un-bolted the sliders.

I had look at changing over the seat rake adjustment knob, but it was more hassle than it was worth.

Now the worn patch is on the passenger seat, with the rake adjustment knob hard against the central consol.

Took me a while, as I had to do it twice, hence how I know the brackets aren't inter-changable!
      I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death

Comment

I had the same problem, so just asked a seamstress to put a new harder wearing piece of material in its place.
        Roberts your Dads brother, sorted.
        [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
        X