Luggage cover fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage cover fitment

I'm looking for help here from those who've fitted a roller blind luggage cover to a mk2.

I've managed to get hold of one of these, plus all brackets etc. My 94 model did not have the brackets already fitted so the first thing I have to do is mount them. Now, if I remember rightly, Hilux told me that the two brackets closest to the seats are (if done correctly) positioned so that the mounting bolts attach through the side panels into holes already set in the bodywork.

What is the easiest way to do this? I don't want to drill holes and find out they're an inch misaligned, making a mess of the panel. I did see a post for a mk3 saying that the drill holes were marked on the rear of the panel. Is this the case for a mk2?

Any hints/tips appreciated.

Cheers.
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Originally posted by phorbiuz
    I'm looking for help here from those who've fitted a roller blind luggage cover to a mk2.

I've managed to get hold of one of these, plus all brackets etc. My 94 model did not have the brackets already fitted so the first thing I have to do is mount them. Now, if I remember rightly, Hilux told me that the two brackets closest to the seats are (if done correctly) positioned so that the mounting bolts attach through the side panels into holes already set in the bodywork.

What is the easiest way to do this? I don't want to drill holes and find out they're an inch misaligned, making a mess of the panel. I did see a post for a mk3 saying that the drill holes were marked on the rear of the panel. Is this the case for a mk2?

Any hints/tips appreciated.

Cheers.
    I'm pretty sure that if you take off the panel you will see a part cutout, not only do you need to make the holes but there is a cutout that the bracket sits in.

Cheers
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      I'm pretty sure that if you take off the panel you will see a part cutout, not only do you need to make the holes but there is a cutout that the bracket sits in.

Cheers
      Andy
      Yep, if its anything like the 3rd Gen its a doddle, on that the panels have a dotted line on the rear marking where to cut out. The rear mounts screwed directly to the rear of the panels using some brackets, whilst the forward mounts attach to the body structure using some plastic thread recievers which snap into square holes already in place in the metalwork. I know this all relates to 3rd Gen but reckon the 2nd should be very similar.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
      X