• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you reckon? butt sag or not?

attached picture of our 4runner,

what do you reckon - butt sag or not?

curious, as it was sitting on bumpstops in rear coil springs when towing,
    and even when not towing, there is only 3/4 inch clearance under the bumpstops
    Attached Files
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Both of the DOGS have butt sag??? Seriously though it doesnt look that bad,Since i got my twin axle caravan mines been riding a little low when towing so im going to replace mine with some stronger ones.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Measure the distance from center of wheel to wheelarch front and back that will tell you for sure. It looks a little bit low on the back but nothing like some of them. What is the distance to the bumpstops on the front?.

Cheers

Comment

it's an optical illusion!... you've taken a picture of the car straight and the scenery sloping.
        if you rotate the pic so the scenery is straight then yes!... you have butt sag!

do your headlamps point at the tree tops?
        Attached Files
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

its about 21 inchs on front and 19 inchs on back (centre to wheel arch)
          not sure of distance to bump stops on front, too dark and wet to check that tonight!

now youve confused me slug man!!
          Last edited by andycook; 25 October 2004, 20:49.
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

That's about what mine was before I replaced my rear springs, so yes, I reckon you need to replace your rears. Makes a hell of a difference to the back end. Now when I climb in the back it hardly drops at all an my caravan rides much higher now.
            Mike G

Comment

'Tallyman' did you got for the Milners springs, or some different ones like roughtrax (uprated and 1.5" lift?) ?
              I have been regularly towing loads of wood, upto 2 1/4 tons recently

andrew
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

Yes you have got butt sag, on many surfs its an optical illusion as the front arch is higher than the rear arch.[SIZE=1]
                Rick

Comment

Yeah - I'd go for the uprated springs. Mine doesnt sag at all towing now with LA Supertrux lifted HD springs. Had them on for over a year now and still as good as ever!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

im always suspicous of this distance between wheel centre and arch, comaprison with front and back, as looking at the arches in relation to the side-trim strip, the front arch looks like it should have more clearance regardless ?
                    Landcruiser Colorado
                    Sub. Forester

Comment

Hi Andrew. Yes, I got the Milners 20% stronger springs. Definitely made a difference and about half the price of the Roughtrax set. Milners £40.. RT £78.

Dead easy to fit if you have spring compressors but don't put them over more than three coils or you won't be able to get them off once uncompressed (I know..had to put mine back in and compress one to get it off). Also make sure you don't strain the brake hose at the LSPR as the axle needs to come down quite a way to get the springs out / in.
                      Mike G

Comment

Working...
                      X