Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

ok so i'm stupid but how stupid...
    i needed an MOT so took it to my regular service garage-they drove me to the testing station without checking the vehicle,passed the MOT and then charged me a total of 60 quid?
    is this right?
    why didn't i just take it to the station myself??!!
    why did the garage bother to take the vehicle for a test?
    what if there was something wrong?
    can't get my head around it?
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Originally posted by nogginthenog
    ok so i'm stupid but how stupid...
    i needed an MOT so took it to my regular service garage-they drove me to the testing station without checking the vehicle,passed the MOT and then charged me a total of 60 quid?
    is this right?
    why didn't i just take it to the station myself??!!
    why did the garage bother to take the vehicle for a test?
    what if there was something wrong?
    can't get my head around it?
    yeah, take it to the MOT station yourself and then go to your regular garage with the fail sheet and get them to fix it... they don't work for free so will have charged you an hours labour to take it along.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sounds like a rip off to me. Surely if they were going to do that they would have to make it clear before hand. My brother is in the car trade and has cars in for MOT work all the time. He takes them for a test, puts right what they fail on and only charges parts/labour/cost of MOT test.

Maybe that's why he is not a millionaire yet? There are those that believe all is fair in love and business..............!!!!!!!s !
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

thanks for that-both of you
        i had to stop the car on the way back because i thought i'd been a tw*t but couldn't work it out!!!!!!
        i just didnt think to ask the guy why he hadnt checked it first
        easy 20 quid for him!
        lesson for me
        i suppose we've all done things like that though and suddenly gone 'doh'!
        (tell me i'm right)
        NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
        'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog
          thanks for that-both of you
          i had to stop the car on the way back because i thought i'd been a tw*t but couldn't work it out!!!!!!
          i just didnt think to ask the guy why he hadnt checked it first
          easy 20 quid for him!
          lesson for me
          i suppose we've all done things like that though and suddenly gone 'doh'!
          (tell me i'm right)
          One of the most expensive mistakes I ever made , on a day trip to London, was ordering breakfast in a West End cafe for myself and my then girlfriend. The bill came to £14.00 and that was in 1982. I was only taking home about £80 in those days. !!!!!! expensive for scarmbled egg on wholemeal toast x2 oh, and the mushrooms were £3.00 each extra.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            One of the most expensive mistakes I ever made , on a day trip to London, was ordering breakfast in a West End cafe for myself and my then girlfriend. The bill came to £14.00 and that was in 1982. I was only taking home about £80 in those days. !!!!!! expensive for scarmbled egg on wholemeal toast x2 oh, and the mushrooms were £3.00 each extra.
            thats a lot now for an egg butty u should have just washed the pots for it lol
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
            X