arch flairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arch flairs

could someone tell me how the arch extensions fit to the upper part of the wing i can see thet the lower part screws or rivits to the lip on the arch, i have bought the rubber seals to go between the wing and the arch but cant see how to seal the two together they are original surf extensions any help please

Originally posted by cuz 62
    could someone tell me how the arch extensions fit to the upper part of the wing i can see thet the lower part screws or rivits to the lip on the arch, i have bought the rubber seals to go between the wing and the arch but cant see how to seal the two together they are original surf extensions any help please
    If it was me I would get the silicone sealer out I'm sure someone will know.
    My drivers side seal has developed a bit of a gap but there is no sign of a dink in the wing.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

It's difficult to explain without a diagram but if you look at the brackets there is a long arm and a short one. short one with the smaller hole fits against the extension. Long one has a bigger hole and the screws that hold the liner onto the wing go through this side with the open side of the bracket facing the extension. It's pretty simple once you can visualise it.

Comment

i see what the problem is now i didnt get any brackets with them got them off ebay used will have to come up with different fixing idea now???

Comment

you only need the brackets for the front arches,
          on the rear, the exisiting scrws holding the mud screen in wheel arch etc, hold the flares in place - i was suprised nothing needed to hold the top of the flare to vehicle body, until i fitted them and it was tight agaisnt vehicle
          a
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

any idea what the brackets look like i may be able to make something up?

Comment

I could take a piccy of a bracket, with ruler as scale, later on
              basically its a small metal, L-shaped piece (well, more a tick shape), with hole on small part of "L" and elongate part of "L",
              I broke one, when trying to figure out how it fitted, so need to make one myself!

andy
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

You could do two people a favour here because I am looking for the details of the brackets as well. Isn't that warm inner glow wonderful
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

a picture with dimensions would be great thanks

Comment

pictures attached

have taken 4 pics of the bracket (3 required for each front arch extension) (a broken one) in correct position,
                    hope these are of use,
                    Attached Files
                    Landcruiser Colorado
                    Sub. Forester

Comment

thanks for the pics ill get some made at work how and what do they fit to

Comment

the short side fits to one of 3 screws under front wheel arch, and the long side fits to the new extension, open side of the L facing up
                        Landcruiser Colorado
                        Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                        X