Claim to Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim to Fame

Further to a previous thread regarding claim to fames...here is my dads Excalibur, which was once owned by Tommy Steele. (ok, ok, not MUCH of a claim to fame, but the car IS nice!)

The woofer in the picture is my dearly departed Benson, a Neopolitan Mastiff, which is where my number plate comes from (B19 NEO)
    Attached Files

Nice car I've always fancied a proper two seater sports car.

My eye was drawn to the 2tone Vauxhall Cresta PA in the background. I had one of those once. Lovely str8 six engine. All the rust spots conspired to join up and she had to go!!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Who's tommy steele?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        Who's tommy steele?
        He was big on the British rock n roll/skiffle scene in the early 60's. He also starred in Half A Sixpence and other musicals. He sang Little White Bull but I can't remember which film it was from. It was way before my time!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

He actually imported this car with the money he made from the film 'Half a Sixpence'

http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirt/tommys.htm

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            He was big on the British rock n roll/skiffle scene in the early 60's. He also starred in Half A Sixpence and other musicals. He sang Little White Bull but I can't remember which film it was from. It was way before my time!

Bwahaha.. even Matt must know who Tommy Steele is!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mastiff Mum
              Further to a previous thread regarding claim to fames...here is my dads Excalibur, which was once owned by Tommy Steele. (ok, ok, not MUCH of a claim to fame, but the car IS nice!)

The woofer in the picture is my dearly departed Benson, a Neopolitan Mastiff, which is where my number plate comes from (B19 NEO)
              Basking in reflected glory....
              My freinds neopolitan bull mastiff played the part of fang in the first Harry potter film.I'd imagine that, as a mastiff owner,you might rate that as a not totally sad fact.
              A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

my boss AKA the headmaster won 'national head teacher of the year' at the teaching awards on sunday - was on BBC2 - iwas on telly briefly - me and my coffee mug in the stafroom - well I AM a technician !!!!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X