Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy surf, possible with £2.5k ?

Hi,

I only have about £2500 to play with, is it possible to get a surf for that sort of money?
    Do you know of any salvage or damage repairable places I should take a look at that do surfs?
    Would you recommend for or against buying from a Jap Car Auction auction?

oops,
    1 more thing...
    I have only ever driven a manual, all surfs seem to be auto, could I get a manual or would that be asking too much considering the cash I have to play with?
    are auto's supposed to be better than manuals?

Comment

-you might well find one but dont expect too much condition wise... even say £500 more would probably make quite a bit of difference.
      -manuals are much rarer yes but the auto's are lovely
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Import for sale arriving 4th november

Hi Mate ,
        i import cars from Japan, my brother in law owns a subaru dealership and i pay for my holiday by importing and selling on ( normally ebay)
        i have a 3.0td 1993 hilux and live in Brighton
        i am originally from Manchester and if you e-mail i might be able to sort you a good deal on a hilux.i would not buy from auctions at docks as these are cars that cannot be sold in Japan as they are tat and have got problems and are bnever serviced well, and most have engine / emissions problems

Comment

Cheap Surf

Hi have a look in the sales section l have a Surf in there for £2000 untill sunday.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

ukviha -
            I can not email as you have set the option in your profile no to recieve them from other members.

The auction is not one at the docks, it's one in Manchester city centre on Chancellor Lane (Ancoats).
            I went and saw a few go through and they "looked" OK, but I am no mechanic but have done bits and they didn't look or sound bad.
            Emissions probs/ gear box probs I wouldn't have a clue how to tell without driving - this is why I am reluctant to buy from auction but when they are selling 1993 Surfs £2950 and a 1995 Surf for £3500 (a few minor scratches) it's a significant saving so worth thinking about.

Post an address and I will give you a shout.
            What sort of money are they going for in Japan lets say; 3.0TD, 1993, ssr-g?

Hilux -
            yep, checked that section and had a look. It's a bit too old mate but thanks anyway :-)

(I appreciate the help)

Comment

Hilux -
              yep, checked that section and had a look. It's a bit too old mate but thanks anyway :-)

If you buy that one from Hilux it will be a much better deal than any thing you can get at auction.

Comment

Cheap Surf

Hi l know who you are talking about and l can not say any more than "PAY YOUR MONEY AND TAKE YOUR CHANCE" l have been around alot longer than them and l still "USE" them same name. "GOOD LUCK".
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Hilux - you have mail.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOvManchester
                    ukviha -
                    Hilux -

(I appreciate the help)
                    Its a bargain mate as its been looked after GUARANTEED. You want a SURF for £2500 You wont find better at that price.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X