Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing/Spares In Wirral/Cheshire?

Hi Guys - newbie Surfer/Northbiker here;

Just bought my first ever 4x4, a blue Surf SSG, 92 model, which is in ace condition and great fun to drive. I am looking for a garage close to Chester/Ellesmere Port who can handle regular servicing work for me, plus fit some dual on/off road use tyres, as they will need replacing in a few months I reckon.

I'm also after a load blind cover for the back, locking fuel cap and one of my headlights has a stone damage crack in it, so wondering if anyone can recommend a local-ish Surf spares garage/warehouse, say in a 50 mile radius of Chester?

Finally, one daft newbie question; is the little rocker switch on the far right hand side of the dashboard the heated rear window switch - tried it yesterday and nothing happened save the switch's tiny red light came on - maybe the window element wire has worked loose???

surfin' baby - it's the source...

Cann't help you with the servicing - but there is someone based in manchester who is a mate of one of the guys on here.

The little round rocker switch is probably for the rear fog light. (mines that type mounted in a simular position)

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Wow, gonna get in before Marky!

It's STEVO, Marky will send you a PM with his details once he reads this thread.

R.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Plus his 10 % commission of course

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by rich
          Wow, gonna get in before Marky!

It's STEVO, Marky will send you a PM with his details once he reads this thread.

R.
          Cheers RICH ! some of us have to go out of the office.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by northbiker
            Hi Guys - newbie Surfer/Northbiker here;

Just bought my first ever 4x4, a blue Surf SSG, 92 model, which is in ace condition and great fun to drive. I am looking for a garage close to Chester/Ellesmere Port who can handle regular servicing work for me, plus fit some dual on/off road use tyres, as they will need replacing in a few months I reckon.

I'm also after a load blind cover for the back, locking fuel cap and one of my headlights has a stone damage crack in it, so wondering if anyone can recommend a local-ish Surf spares garage/warehouse, say in a 50 mile radius of Chester?

Finally, one daft newbie question; is the little rocker switch on the far right hand side of the dashboard the heated rear window switch - tried it yesterday and nothing happened save the switch's tiny red light came on - maybe the window element wire has worked loose???

surfin' baby - it's the source...
            Alistair you have a private message regarding stevo.
            HILUX - bob may have the blind cover.
            Spares we get from www.milnerofrroad.com
            TYRES i get from www.bronco4x4.com also check out the TYRE thread at the bottom of the main page.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by northbiker
              .....I'm also after a .........locking fuel cap .......
              Doesn't your filler flap lock with the central locking??
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

cheers everybody

Thanks for the rapido response - I have ordered a shop manual from Milners today so I can learn a bit more about my Surf and keep it running sweet...or at least fork out occasionally to make sure someone does the job right.

thanks for the tyre link too - always handy.

It has got the flap over the fuel cap, but I just fancy having the locking cap as the flap looks relatively easy to force open - once you've had people nick your motorbike you get slightly paranoid...

BTW I looked around the Chester area for a Surf over the last 2 weeks and found they were very overpriced - some nice examples of the 92-94 2.4 models were on dealer's pitches at up seven grand - cheeky eh?

I got this one in Warrington from Sean at Choice Imports - had over 20 Surf's in stock, some mint, some scuffed here n there, facelifted models etc. Prices from four grand upwards...I will get some digital pics done over the weekend so you can all have a look at my new ve-hi-cle.

I'm not working on commission... but Trust Insurance brokers in Northampton have done me a fair deal on th'Surf, and they insured my previous car from 2000-2004 when others refused to quote sensible figures due to me being banned back in `98.
                Later surf dudes...

Comment

Far-right rocker switch with light on it sounds like a rear fog-light switch - perhaps your rear foglight is not working or maybe been removed?

Rear window element on mine anyway is a switch more in the centre of the dash, if yours element is not working then it could be one of the common issues of either the wires coming loose at the base of the window or the wiring connectors actually broken due to the movement of the window - either way usually a relatively easy fix, see here:
                  http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm
                  No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

No, he is just helping fellow surfers out.

"Don't knock it you may need to use him one day!"

I seem to remember seeing that somewhere.......

Originally posted by Sewerat

Plus his 10 % commission of course

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
                    X