Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 KZN130 on a M plate??

Hi

Hope I post this in the right section....

I've recently (actually on Monday) bought a M reg Toyota Surf 3.0 KZN130. Dumbass question, but is this possible??

Reason I ask is I'm looking to buy a handbook on eBay and the only one that seems to cover the KZN130 is the 1989-1993 manuals??! Is a M reg KZN130 possible or have I been sold a lie?

I'm new to imports and it's my first Surf, so hope you lot can help me out here

BTW the truck is great anyway

Thanks

Steve

If it is possible, which manual should I opt for?

Oh and is eBay the best way to get hold of them, or does anyone here sell them?

Thanks

*EDIT* Damn just realised this should probably go in the General section (sorry). Could a mod move it over please. Thanks
    Last edited by SteveE; 19 October 2004, 20:19.

Comment

2nd Gen 3.0's are from 93/94 to early 96. the 2.4 went up to 93, so the manual probably only covers that engine. Most of the other stuff will be the same.

Consider it moved!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Consider it moved!
        Didn't know you were a mod , more of a Rust and Roller !
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveE
          If it is possible, which manual should I opt for?

Oh and is eBay the best way to get hold of them, or does anyone here sell them?

Thanks

BEWARE some of the manuals only go as far as identifying what button does what, though if you want a repair manual milners 4x4 do them for £15.00

*EDIT* Damn just realised this should probably go in the General section (sorry). Could a mod move it over please. Thanks
          Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Didn't know you were a mod , more of a Rust and Roller !

Just a humble forum Mod, thats how I fixed your quote tags to work properly in your post!

:pffft:

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

So it is possible to have a M reg 3.0 KZN130 That makes me feel a lot happier about the whole thing

Where can I buy a milners 4x4? Can you provide a link? Did a quick Yahoo without success

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

So it is possible to have a M reg 3.0 KZN130 That makes me feel a lot happier about the whole thing

Where can I buy a milners 4x4? Can you provide a link? Did a quick Yahoo without success

Thanks

www.milneroffroad.com
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks
                  You may want to get the Haynes manual from Milneroffroad for the Diesel 4 Runner, this will cover the 2.4 but apart from the engine (and maybe the gearbox) you should be OK. You can then go online to http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

where you will find the engine manual online.

The Max Ellery manual EPTH4D is also good and should be available from Amazon.

Cheers

Comment

Hi

Hope I post this in the right section....

I've recently (actually on Monday) bought a M reg Toyota Surf 3.0 KZN130. Dumbass question, but is this possible??

Reason I ask is I'm looking to buy a handbook on eBay and the only one that seems to cover the KZN130 is the 1989-1993 manuals??! Is a M reg KZN130 possible or have I been sold a lie?

I'm new to imports and it's my first Surf, so hope you lot can help me out here

BTW the truck is great anyway

Thanks

Steve

Yeah its fine...Same here 1995 M Reg KZN130....basically I cover the vehicle with

Max Ellery Handbook
                    Haynes Handbook
                    and the 1KZ-TE paper downloaded from the site ...previously given
                    Last edited by Gizmo; 20 October 2004, 22:28.
                    Gaz

Comment

Ahhh cool thanks for clearing it up.

I've ordered the milners books this morning and done a "buy it now" on eBay for the handbook.

Thanks again

Comment

books

Hi l think you will find the manuals you are talking about are for the "LN130" not the "KZN130". As "TonyN" has said they only difference will be the engine and related parts, all the body and running gear is the same as the "LN130".
                        Live Life To The Full

Comment

if thats so what engine manual is needed for the kzn130 ?????????

Comment

They are harder to find, Codlords online one is what I use for details for the 3.0.

The Max Ellery manual, apart from being indexed shoddily, just skims over lots of 3.0 bits.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              They are harder to find, Codlords online one is what I use for details for the 3.0.

The Max Ellery manual, apart from being indexed shoddily, just skims over lots of 3.0 bits.

Need to get the 1KZ-TE in hard copy....as you say Tony the Max Ellery is shoddy in areas
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X