Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high beam wire colour

Dear all,
    Thought I had seen this on the site somewhere - but cant find it again - so apologies if its been asked before.

Can someone simply tell me the colour of the high beam light, as it goes into the lamp in the bonnet.

Want to wire spots into high beam circuit (via a relay but not a switch) and as per bleeping usual - doing it on a stopwatch!!!
    I could use a multi meter - but a simple - use the black with pink spots wire answer would be appreciated and save valuable time.

in-debted as usual!
    .......because I can....OK!
    2.4 TD manual 1992 SSR-X

red/yellow

Because of the way the headlights are wired the circuit reads (from top to bottom):- 12V, fuse, headlamp, dip switch, ground. Therefore, if you wire it up as normal the spots will be on all the time (at least they were when I wired mine in - who reads the manual anyway!).

You need to take a 12V feed to terminal 85 - you can piggyback off terminal 30. Then take terminal 86 to a scotchlock on the R/Y wire on the back of a headlamp.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Absolute star

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      red/yellow

Because of the way the headlights are wired the circuit reads (from top to bottom):- 12V, fuse, headlamp, dip switch, ground. Therefore, if you wire it up as normal the spots will be on all the time (at least they were when I wired mine in - who reads the manual anyway!).

You need to take a 12V feed to terminal 85 - you can piggyback off terminal 30. Then take terminal 86 to a scotchlock on the R/Y wire on the back of a headlamp.
      Roger you are a gentleman. I thank you........
      .......because I can....OK!
      2.4 TD manual 1992 SSR-X

Comment

Working...
      X