Claim to fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah - our IT bloke at work just married gary barlows sister

- if it aint bad enough gaining a mother in law you get gary barlow as well!!

poor sod

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
      oh yeah - our IT bloke at work just married gary barlows sister

- if it aint bad enough gaining a mother in law you get gary barlow as well!!

poor sod

Chris
      i remember her!... she was on something like "song for xmas" when gary barlow was about 12 as a duet... think it was on pebble mill or something?! (must have been skiving school that day!)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

well i'm distantly related to the doctor that amputated Nelson's arm.

I once edited a showreel for Hunter (Gladiators)

And I now make the silly noises for Pingu and Bob the Builder - and before anyone asks - No I can't get you any freebies, don't even get any for myself!
        adam

"silly keeps you sane"

Comment

Originally posted by lucky View Post
          When I was a lot younger (13 or 14) I did an advert for Rolf Harris' Wobble Board and the Stylophone. Teddington Studios for 2 days and all the Bacon Sarnies you could eat.
          did he touch you?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Holy shit!

Comment

It's funny, but when I clicked onto the last page of this thread, I expected the post which brought it from 2004 to 2013 to have Vinces name on it. Vince, mate, I think you've started a band wagon. .
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by lightningad View Post
                And I now make the silly noises for Pingu
                That's got to be the winner.

Comment

I'm a descendant of Sir Stephen Slaney, Lord Mayor of London 1595

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I was an extra in Spender, Crocodile Shoes and the big screen film Elizabeth with Eric Cantona.
                    My Dodge Charger was used in a short film to highlight the inmates on death row in the USA who have been wrongly convicted and are let out after 30yrs with no compensation
                    The Charger was also photographed for use in a computer game

Comment

I was working in the QVC building yesterday, does that count?
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        It's funny, but when I clicked onto the last page of this thread, I expected the post which brought it from 2004 to 2013 to have Vinces name on it. Vince, mate, I think you've started a band wagon. .
                        Me to!
                        i once met and talked to "Dave King" (WTF is he i hear the young people ask!, google him) in a garage in eastney ports,
                        i once saw "Freddy Frinton" near the kings (as above) he didn't look pi$$ed for once
                        and i saw Barbra Winsor (surely you all know who she is) in piccadilly circus,
                        she waved at me
                        oh yeah, and i saw Gareth Hunt in the ship and bell, horndean ("new avengers!!")

I'm practially shwobiz myself
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I've been interviewed on Top Gear wiv me Jeep!

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Ok, I'll play. I once met Steve Davis at a mates house, and although I vaguely recognised him, and somehow knew that his name was Steve, I couldn't think where I knew him from. ....When we were introduced, I was quite embarassed. When I used to sell gearbox parts, one of my customers was John Martin, drummer out of Dr Feelgood. Also used to be friendly whith fellow VW drag racing enthusiast, John Maher, drummer out of the Buzzcocks. Oh, and when I was a teenager, I was an extra in the 1978 Tatum O'Neal film "International Velvet".
                            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I fitted a kitchen door for Lorna Morgan.

Comment

Before getting a proper job back in the 1990s I used to do a lot of film extra work. Mostly where the film or TV drama needed walk on weirdos. Strangely I have this recollection that all the productions I was in turned out to be rubbish.
                                About this same time the people I shared a house with and myself used to review horror video releases on late night TV shows like the one presented by Mariella Frostrup. They were good fun to do at the time but they didn't earn me much money. So I had to go out and become a librarian.
                                Last edited by Sclerotic Hen; 8 May 2013, 11:36. Reason: Rubbish grammar - probably more to find on second reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X