No announcement yet.

Claim to fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right here goes but I think Im going to regret it.

My cousin Baz was arrested for flashing at some young lady. He lived in Hampstead and so did most of the family. We found out because it was in the local paper and a friend of the family made a point of telling us. He and I have the same surname unfortunately.

Ha ha Baz I new ide get you one day.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

I was in the toilet at the frontier club in Batley some years ago when Chris Quentin (R Brian from corrie) stood at the side of me when I accidently peed on his blue suede shoe. He was not a happy chappy.

Comment

Only a few weeks ago, me and the missus were walking around a local garden centre and Bill Murray (Don Beech in The Bill) was in there. Most of the staff were whispering and looking "Is it him"?, you could hear them all questioning.

Well, he happened to be sitting in one of the bits of garden furniture that was on show. I passed by a few minutes later and there was a mobile phone half exposed down the side of the cushion.

Picked it up and found him, and asked if it was his phone.

"Thats most kind", "Thank you so much" he said, instead of "Oi you toerag, you half inched my bleeding phone 'ave ya"

Suffice to say nothing like he's on screen character, my good deed for the day.

Oh, and my mums sister used to hang out with The Krays when we lived in Bethnal Green, London..............but don't know if thats good or bad??

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          i've been to the queens garden party at buckingham palace. there i met,

the queen, phillip, queen mother, prince charles, edward heath, chatted to a dude with a gun about the queen mothers car and some beefeaters about axes!
          the sarnies and drinks were small and they had 2 bands playing (something like the royals and the sdg bands i think?)

the grass in the back garden wasn't all that (mark G8awo's ma's is much nicer!) but they've got a lake thing and i reckon a swimming pool too, but the windows were blacked out!

all in all, a nice gaff though!

oh, and my cousin's on a very well know bbc tv program and another cousin was a speed skater selected for the winter olympics but you have to payt to get there yourself and he couldn't afford it cos he's a skint northerner!
          - me ma and pa' went to the garden party whe they were local mayor and mayoress a few years ago - thats about the best i can come up with

does being ted robbins' neighbour count!?

oh yes - was once caught on film during the making of 'juliet bravo'

bugger - thats really scraping the barrell

Chris

Comment

EDIT: I forgot, I literally bumped into Bruno Brooks as he walked out of a record shop in Newbury a few years ago.

I am distantly related to Norris McQuirter.

Once spent an evening with Wendy Richard (Miserable bitch Pauline Fowler), Liberty X (Drool), Graham Cole (Tony Stamp from The Bill), Burt Kwouk (Kato from the pink panther - really nice bloke) and a number of other celebs at a charity do.

Met Carol Vorderman in the BBC canteen.

Sat next to Philippa Forester and John Snow in the French restaurant down the road from the BBC, she smoked like a chimney.

Bumped into Keith Chegwin at Boots in Newbury.

Nearly tripped over Michael Douglas whilst in Ceasars Palace in Vegas.

Lady Di waved at my wife whilst driving in London (She was behind her)

My mum has met the Queen and the Queen Mum.

My brother has had lunch with Jeremy Paxman and Bill Gates.

The wifes mother met Cliff Richard (Her idol) on holiday and had a drink with him at the bar.
            Last edited by rich; 16 October 2004, 16:39.
            If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

oh yeah... cheggers!... he lives around here.. see him a lot!... also seen buster merryfield(uncle albert) and..... did a house move for maggie philbin!... looked in her knicker drawer and everything!....

moving west i used to be the parcel delivery man in lambourne and have had tea with jenny pitman, john francome and all them other trainers up that way... used to see a bird that drove racehorse lorries too.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

A couple I forgot.

I was walking down Bute St, South Kensington, when a Rangy stopped and the door opened. A handbag fell out so I picked it up and handed it to the woman who had dropped it. Instead of being dead posh she said, "Cheers mate, you're a gent." It was Patsy Palmer (Bianca from Eastenders).
                Again in South Kensington, there was a guy with two young sons and one of the boys was swinging a bunch of keys. The keys flew out of his hand into the road (Pelham St) which was quite busy. I stopped the lad from running out and picked them up and handed them to his Dad. I thought he looked familier and felt a right plonker when he thanked me and I said, "That's alright guv." It was the Greek actor that played the Station Officer in Londons Burning!!!

While working near St Tropez in 1985 I took my ex to a nice restaurant for dinner. Lee Marvin and a bunch of friends were in for a meal. I went to the gents and Lee was in there. I told him it was my g/fs birthday and that she was a huge fan. Just as we were getting our dessert he walked over to our table, kissed my other halfs hand and wished her a happy birthday. She nearly fell through the floor!! He bought us a drink too. What a nice guy.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Also just realised after watching the X-Factor that I used to work with Steve Brookstein who is one of the final nine. I knew that I had seen him somewhere

Comment

For those of you that are old enough to remember the John profumo case I was at a party in Finsbury park. The guests included Christine Keeler, lucky Gordon,Mandy Rice Davis, Marian Faithfull and one Mr Mick Jagger
                    WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

Wife went to school with Ronan Keating.

Sister went out with Irish soccer team physio (lol)

Same sister shifted the drummer from The Farm in Boston years ago (dbl lol)

I delivered runners to Caitriona McKiernan once, she won the London Marathon

Cofey Annan passed me in a motorcade the other day when I was unloading the lorry! (didnt recognise me )

I had another sister in the Flying Doctors in the '80s ( )

Comment

One of my ex-girlfriends dad's (Taxi driver) apparently used to pick Christine up from her mum's in Wokingham and drop her off at Profumos place in London.

Just remembered another one! Was queing for a breakfast at Pease Pottage services and Jim from Eastenders is in the queue in front of me. Right winging git, moaning about the service. Mind you it was crap.

Originally posted by AlanM6
                        For those of you that are old enough to remember the John profumo case I was at a party in Finsbury park. The guests included Christine Keeler, lucky Gordon,Mandy Rice Davis, Marian Faithfull and one Mr Mick Jagger
                        Last edited by rich; 16 October 2004, 22:21.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has said it yet............Freddie Starr Ate My Hampster
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

ok... my mate was in a band, john lord's nephew was the drummer, toploader were their support act... all went to a party for (i think) john lords daughter or neices 18th... george harrison was there.. can't remember much else about it!
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I was on Swap Shop when they came to Bournemouth in the early 80's.I got to meet Cheggers !
                              Princess Di waved to me and a mate. We were stood on a roof as she was leaving a public engagement in Bournemouth.
                              Gloria Hunniford pulled out in front of my lorry in Lymington, nearly hit her as well ! I should of hit her, she didn't even say sorry, and I broke some of the glass in the back of the lorry, The boss wasn't too happy either but I said it was better having a couple of sheets of broken glass than a broken Irish tv presenter.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                                Wife went to school with Ronan Keating.

Sister went out with Irish soccer team physio (lol)

Same sister shifted the drummer from The Farm in Boston years ago (dbl lol)

I delivered runners to Caitriona McKiernan once, she won the London Marathon

Cofey Annan passed me in a motorcade the other day when I was unloading the lorry! (didnt recognise me )

I had another sister in the Flying Doctors in the '80s ( )

My sister went out with the rest of the Irish football team
                                Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X