decent isp (at last!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decent isp (at last!)

I eventually lost my patience with wannadoo as my isp and changed to beeb.net (http://www.beeb.net)so far so good,100 times better than wannado.So anyone looking for a decent isp could do worse than the good old BBC!Don't touch wannado with a bargepole,one of the worst isps I have used.Cheers
    Powered by ????

I have been with NTL World dial-up since they offered it free. They are now offering 156K broadband to their original freebie customers at the same price as dial-up (£15/Month). I was half considering going the whole hog and having the 1Meg but I know loads of peeps that have had nothing but trouble with viruses and hackers, despite fitting firewalls 'n' stuff.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

no probs with NTL mate - been on 600k here at home and had a 1meg when I was as uni for 2 years. Maybe you just got lucky in the wrong sense
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        I have been with NTL World dial-up since they offered it free. They are now offering 156K broadband to their original freebie customers at the same price as dial-up (£15/Month). I was half considering going the whole hog and having the 1Meg but I know loads of peeps that have had nothing but trouble with viruses and hackers, despite fitting firewalls 'n' stuff.
        I really despise NTL, really really don't like the way they do business . Having got that off my chest I have to admit having 600k broadband with them . No problems with the broadband service itself but do get a terrific number of viruses by email. The newest trend pc-cillin internet security package seems well up to the job of stopping them and all the test sites shows my pc as in "stealth mode" and it passes the leak tests meaning there's no traffic going out.

Comment

i got BTYahoo 1meg... seems ok... they were a bit sneaky putting the usage limit on it a few months back but it's 30G so not too bad so long as i stay off the dirty movies!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Always been on Freeserve and had no problems. The only downfall on BB is the limit to 2G for 512k but hey...not come across the limit yet.

PS Wheres me blue star ??
            Gaz

Comment

AOL non suck shock!!

A lot of people sl*g AOL off something rotten.
              I have been with them for around 2 years now, from dial-up to my current 1Mb ADSL connection. I have had very little problem with it at all, apart from a couple of re-installs.

Im running a netgear router/ firewall and as of yet have had 0 viruses or hacking attemps, despite dabbling in p2p software.

Their mail controls are rather good and the spam filter functions admirably.
              £30/pm 1Mb no cap on downloads

Plus, now Im on broadband, I dont have to log into aol, the router does that, and I can use any browser or mail client I wish!!
              Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

BTOpenworld here - no probs in the 2 years I'vehad it running with ADSL Broadband

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

freedom to surf http://www.f2s.com

not been down once while ive used it -had a tel no change and went smoothly

Chris

Comment

Virgin broadband for me. no limit, no contract, spam filter does a good job and all for £24 a month.
                    mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X