Aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icsys
    I took my mast out today. It has been stuck up for ages. Found that the belt has snapped right by the fully up position and had twisted so wouldnt go down.
    Will go all the way down now but when sent up it stays up.

Does anyone know if the replacement mast is a dealer part only? (price??) or if I can get one from somewhere else?
    Milners used to sell them but cannot find them on the web page, but they are only about £25 from Toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
      Done they same as you "Koi" "B****Y" bushes.
      ME TOO
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Me too, bent it and now it goes up fully but only down to 6" and stops (and wondrously the local chavs haven't removed it yet!). Had been thinking about the options of replacing it and wondered if there's any alternatives of a slightly more forgiving nature? i.e. something more like the CB whip (as I believe they're called?). Ideally if ones exist that can be easily taken on/off even better (see chav comment...).

Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
          If your aerial is bent, and I'm assuming it's electric, You can unscrew the nut that holds in the aerial, then get someone to switch on the radio. The aerial will rise and then come completely out of the housing. Just be sure to catch it before it falls and scratches the paint. Check which way the teeth face on the belt before removing completely. Then all you need is the replacement mast.
          With the radio on, insert the toothed belt (remembering to face them the correct way) until you can't push it any further and then get someone to switch off the radio. Guide the new mast down into the housing until its in completely. Put the nut back on top, tighten.

Job done!
          It really is as easy as Ciaran says it is. Honest! Much easier than tweaking the flux capacitor!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

i stuck a switch on the electric aerial connector so i can put the aerial down willy and indeed nilly!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
              i stuck a switch on the electric aerial connector so i can put the aerial down willy and indeed nilly!
              Willy and Nilly! Weren't they cartoon penguins?
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Priced the replacement aerial mast today:

Toyota - £24.95 +vat
                Milners - £26 +vat

I was quite surprised that the local Toyo dealer was cheaper!
                Ian
                One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
                X