Aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial

I was in at toyota the other day ordering a part and showed the chap what it was I wanted and he tappity taps on the computer and comes back with a fully blown up schematic of the part and the parts around it and how they all come apart, it looked the absolute dogs knackers and he said that it covers almost every model of toyota in existence, I think I have seen some of Tony's posts with a similar sort of picture. I was wondering if it is poosible to get hold of the cd(s) that toyota use or whether it is on a huge database due to all the info it stores. I would be interested in getting the diagram for the aerial setup cos a pidgeon has bent mine and it wont go all the way down, I have seen in earlier posts on the old forum that it is a proper bitch to get at and change, and was thinking that a diagram like that may make lif easier. If anyone knows how to get hold of this program please let me know.
    Josh

Originally posted by Josh
    I was in at toyota the other day ordering a part and showed the chap what it was I wanted and he tappity taps on the computer and comes back with a fully blown up schematic of the part and the parts around it and how they all come apart, it looked the absolute dogs knackers and he said that it covers almost every model of toyota in existence, I think I have seen some of Tony's posts with a similar sort of picture. I was wondering if it is poosible to get hold of the cd(s) that toyota use or whether it is on a huge database due to all the info it stores. I would be interested in getting the diagram for the aerial setup cos a pidgeon has bent mine and it wont go all the way down, I have seen in earlier posts on the old forum that it is a proper bitch to get at and change, and was thinking that a diagram like that may make lif easier. If anyone knows how to get hold of this program please let me know.
    Josh
    Josh.

Thats the Toyota EPC and you can download it off the web (search for Yankee Toys EPC). Thats the quickest way to get it if you got a fast connection. Alternatively I can do a couple of CDs although it will take some time as I'm up to my neck in DIY, jobs on the car and the house plus gonna help Nigel do his Cylinder head.

you can get them from here:
    http://www.yankeetoys.org/docs.htm

or here:
    http://www.speedtoys.com/~arnout/

Cheers
    Last edited by lucky; 28 August 2003, 08:40.

Comment

If your aerial is bent, and I'm assuming it's electric, You can unscrew the nut that holds in the aerial, then get someone to switch on the radio. The aerial will rise and then come completely out of the housing. Just be sure to catch it before it falls and scratches the paint. Check which way the teeth face on the belt before removing completely. Then all you need is the replacement mast.
      With the radio on, insert the toothed belt (remembering to face them the correct way) until you can't push it any further and then get someone to switch off the radio. Guide the new mast down into the housing until its in completely. Put the nut back on top, tighten.

Job done!

Comment

the belt is snapped on my aerial, so it looks as though i need to dismantle th inner wing cover to get at it
        [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by stara
          the belt is snapped on my aerial, so it looks as though i need to dismantle th inner wing cover to get at it

Correct, you will need to open the motor housing to remove any pieces of broken antenna.

Comment

My aerial gave up the other day too. It goes half way up, stops, makes a lot of clicking (teeth slipping?), motor stays on for about 20 seconds and then stops. When you turn the radio off it goes down about an inch or two, stops, motors stays on for a bit longer then that stops too.
            It does go fully up and down if I give it a bit of help though - the mast itself isn't stuck or bent and has been lubed.

What's the best thing to do? Don't fancy taking everything apart if I don't have to!

Comment

Rob, sounds like a broken drive belt to me

Comment

My first mod on my surf was to pull out the coat hanger some desperado had stuck in the butt of the old aerial

Still have to get round to a new aerial and er putting a radio back into the place where the old one used to be and then em looking around for all the bits and pieces that made up my centre dashboard a month ago

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                  Rob, sounds like a broken drive belt to me
                  Don't sound good to me. Have no idea how these things use a belt...? Can you simply replace the belt on its own, or is it included with the mast or motor assembly?

Dunno if all that sounds stupid, just got back from 4 bars and am rather ####ed....I'll check again in the morning!

Night!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    Don't sound good to me. Have no idea how these things use a belt...? Can you simply replace the belt on its own, or is it included with the mast or motor assembly?

Dunno if all that sounds stupid, just got back from 4 bars and am rather ####ed....I'll check again in the morning!

Night!
                    bent mine on Monday on country lane, caught overhanging bush, went down so only about 3 inches stuck out and went fully up. Hmmm might just tweak that so it goes fully down, slight tweak now its stuck up. Like the others switch off motor goes on for about 15-20secs then stops.
                    Should have just left it alone.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

Night!
                      Your symptoms are indeed those of stripped teeth. New belt comes attached to the mast as one assembly, you will need to replace as per Ciarans earlier instructions
                      Maurice
                      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                        Your symptoms are indeed those of stripped teeth. New belt comes attached to the mast as one assembly, you will need to replace as per Ciarans earlier instructions
                        Shall get that sorted sometime then....I can tell its gonna be one of those jobs that just doesn't get done for ages!

Thanks for the help,
                        Rob

Comment

I bent my aerial on the 6'6" height restriction in basingstoke multi storey!... i was well chuffed! i love it!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Done they same as you "Koi" "B****Y" bushes.
                            Live Life To The Full

Comment

I took my mast out today. It has been stuck up for ages. Found that the belt has snapped right by the fully up position and had twisted so wouldnt go down.
                              Will go all the way down now but when sent up it stays up.

Does anyone know if the replacement mast is a dealer part only? (price??) or if I can get one from somewhere else?
                              Ian
                              One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
                              X