Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Hi I'm a newbie thread...

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been visiting this forum a lot in the last couple of weeks before buying my Surf, searching previous threads for advice - you guys definately know your stuff. Oh and FAQ bit is great.

So, I just put a deposit (pick it up in the week) on a freshly imported equivelant 'L' reg dark metallic blue 3.0 SSRX on 87,000 miles. It's auto with 2 batteries (winter pack?), the spare is underneath and it came with a tv/dvd player (nice!), roofbars and the nudge bar (no spots though). I paid £4785 for it which I think is a great price against the similar ones I benchmarked at around 7K. It looks great and drives lovely.

Only 2 things with it: 1, I have to register it (not bothered, got all the paperwork etc. just never done it before) so doesn't have a uk reg yet. 2. The tints are some dodgy fading mirror effort which I will be replacing.

Do you reckon that is a good price? It hasn't had the timing belt changed or been serviced on this side but I'm not worried as I will get it done straight away and at least then I'm not relying on a traders say so.

A question though - I need to get a towbar fitted and the spare is underneath. I was assured I could do this, but do I have to change/modify anything? Thanks in advance.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Originally posted by Snoop
    Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been visiting this forum a lot in the last couple of weeks before buying my Surf, searching previous threads for advice - you guys definately know your stuff. Oh and FAQ bit is great.

So, I just put a deposit (pick it up in the week) on a freshly imported equivelant 'L' reg dark metallic blue 3.0 SSRX on 87,000 miles. It's auto with 2 batteries (winter pack?), the spare is underneath and it came with a tv/dvd player (nice!), roofbars and the nudge bar (no spots though). I paid £4785 for it which I think is a great price against the similar ones I benchmarked at around 7K. It looks great and drives lovely.

Only 2 things with it: 1, I have to register it (not bothered, got all the paperwork etc. just never done it before) so doesn't have a uk reg yet. 2. The tints are some dodgy fading mirror effort which I will be replacing.

Do you reckon that is a good price? It hasn't had the timing belt changed or been serviced on this side but I'm not worried as I will get it done straight away and at least then I'm not relying on a traders say so.

A question though - I need to get a towbar fitted and the spare is underneath. I was assured I could do this, but do I have to change/modify anything? Thanks in advance.
    hi blue surfs fastest also towbar iv,e got an underslung spare witter towbar kit fits straight on welcome
    I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
    (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

and of course the TV/DVD won't work over here!

(not PAL tv or UK region DVD player)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hmmm, a good surf, bad surf situation! Good news about the towbar! Not so good about the tv/dvd but hardly something I would have used in the front anyway me thinks. Wonder what it's worth on ebay...
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Hello btw I am Snoops other half and he has promised me apart from adding a tow bar he is not going to modify this car although on the way home he had a list of about 20 things we "needed".

So place your bets now whether he will keep his promise!

So are there any regional meets in our area Sussex as I am dying to go proper off roading as the last time I went I wasn't old enough to drive and it was down sand dunes so it'd be nice to go and play in some mud!

No problems we can get the DVD working here and the PAL thing only needs an adapter!! I'll ask my Dad he was always converting stuff from all the different countries we have lived in! Maplins here we come!
          Off Roading Rules!! When's the next meet??

[IMG

Comment

You will need some blue spots and a nice bullbar to really set it off
            Attached Files
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by LottieS16
              Hello btw I am Snoops other half and he has promised me apart from adding a tow bar he is not going to modify this car although on the way home he had a list of about 20 things we "needed".

So place your bets now whether he will keep his promise!

So are there any regional meets in our area Sussex as I am dying to go proper off roading as the last time I went I wasn't old enough to drive and it was down sand dunes so it'd be nice to go and play in some mud!

No problems we can get the DVD working here and the PAL thing only needs an adapter!! I'll ask my Dad he was always converting stuff from all the different countries we have lived in! Maplins here we come!
              probably slindon's closest to you... have a look in the off road section (it's near chichester)

if your dad can get the TV working then you'll have to post the info on here.... loadsa people have binned their TVs cos they don't work... best bet with the DVD would be to copy them with DVD burner into JAP region format (unless it's multi region already of course!)
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                You will need some blue spots and a nice bullbar to really set it off

NOT...................

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                  NOT...................

JEALOUS CAUSE YOURS AINT BLUE
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Nope - no spots and no Bull bars... would spoil the Bullets sexy shape...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

i didn't think it was that cold.......!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Planty
                        i didn't think it was that cold.......!!!

Marky's from "oooppp Norf" Its always cold up there...
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

YES but i'll be in your territory soon LINDA
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                            Marky's from "oooppp Norf" Its always cold up there...
                            ahh i see, and i thought he was standing tooooo close to the freezer.....

Comment

Ive Got Central Heating Dont You Know
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X