'95 3.0 SSR-X Ltd TD - Advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 3.0 SSR-X Ltd TD - Advice needed!

Hi, First time on here as a 'not quite' Surf Owner! In search of some advice, from all you hardened experts, with regards to purchasing my first Surf. Buying from an Import Dealer in the North East, £6995, 61500 Miles, Metallic Black, Manual, KZN 130. Waiting to view, arrives from Japan late October 2004, and would like to know what exactly I should be looking for, specifically on Inspection/Road Test? What Questions to ask concerning Paperwork and Specs required for the UK? What vital maintenance should have been done on a Vehicle of this Mielage/Age in order to make it more of a prosperous Deal?, and any other points that you may consider relevent. Much appreciated, Cheers!
    Last edited by 9belo0; 4 October 2004, 14:00.
    Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

Originally posted by 9belo0
    Hi, First time on here as a 'not quite' Surf Owner! In search of some advice, from all you hardened experts, with regards to purchasing my first Surf. Buying from a Dealer in the North East, £6995, 61500 Miles, Metallic Black, Manual, KZN 130. Waiting to view, arrives from Japan late October 2004, and would like to know what exactly I should be looking for, specifically on Inspection/Road Test? What Questions to ask concerning Paperwork and Specs required for the UK? What vital maintenance should have been done on a Vehicle of this Mielage/Age in order to make it more of a prosperous Deal?, and any other points that you may consider relevent. Much appreciated, Cheers!

It should have had 20 oil changes & 10 oil filter changes, but really forget any previous history because 97% of them come over with no previous service history.
    Road test it, full lock to see if it knocks, try out 4 wheel drive. Check rear sits nice and even and it don't sag at the rear.
    If it knocks on full lock don't worry, steering stops about £2 each or a blob of grease cures it, always good bartering tool to get some dosh knocked off. If it sags shocks and or springs are gone, is it BIMTA certificated, will he be undersealing it, doing the SVA (if under 10 years old)
    Make sure warranty is comprehensive enought to cover major things, Head, box etc.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks for that, I will certainly take those points onboard when I view it. Does £6995 seem a reasonable Price for a Vehicle of that age and mileage? I know the condition can not be seen, but am assured it is VG in & out. Also, approx how much would a good Cat 1 Alarm/Immobiliser Installation cost? Tesco have told me that they would need proof of Installation before issuing Insurance Cover (quoted £301.35 Fully Comp over the Phone - Inc. £250 Excess).
      Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

Comment

Working...
      X