Not impressed !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not impressed !!!!

Ordered parts on Wednesday from Milners...........no show today, gave them a ring, and the !!!!!! sump washer was out of stock (50 !!!!!! pence ), being sent today, and I'll get it on Monday.Theres go my service for the weekend!!!!!

Not impressed with my first order from them, didn't even tell me it was out of stock

i placed on order on wednesday too - for some bushes/washers for antiroll bar link AND a sump washer - from Milners, it hasnt appeared yet!,
    so you have answered my question, I was going to call them!,
    looks like I will have a busy weekend servicing too....
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

i find best way is to fax order without card details so the company have to ring you - at least then you get a chance to find these things out- i'd be a bit !!!!ed off as well if they held my order back for e feckin 50p sump washer that could have followed on in the normal post - or even just got one from your friendly local motor factors (or stuff it and get one of those nice ones off www.difflock.com with the drainer connection)

BTW - i think the mad rush is now over at work - gonna stay behind on monday to do the stickerz!!

take care bud

Chris

Comment

I've used milners alot and had no problems with them, very usefull and pleasant too.

Comment

@Smokin,

yep, thats what !!!!ed me off the most m8, for a the sake of a washer for 50p, they could have least told me, then I could have just bought one locally.

I was gonna ring 'em back just on principal and cancel, and order from Roughtrax (I've ordered from them before), but had second thoughts when the total goods came to an EXTRA £15!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for having a go at the stickers Chris....................u gotta stay on after work..................hope I ain't got to pay OVERTIME

Cheers

Fieldsy

Comment

I've also used Milners a lot and had great service from them. However I always ring them with the order as their response to emails can be a bit slow. The advantage of ringing is you get to check stock at the same time.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I RANG THEM and made the order, but they didn't tell me it was out of stock, told me it would be here Friday morning, I had no reason to think otherwise.I've come home straight from nights this morning, gone straight out to get 2 canisters of oil, ready to do it this afternoon or tomorrow,jumped in bed for a coupla hours, and nothing on my doorstep, cancelled some of my other jobs cos I thought the stuff might turn up mid afternoon. By 5'o clock, still not here...................so I think I've got reason to be a bit !!!!ed off.

Comment

Ordered rear springs wednesday night by e-mail with credit card details
                arrived here this morning (Friday) - Great service well chuffed.
                I'll be riding high by Monday.
                Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

sorry to hear that i gotta say always had good service from milners
                  ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

The last but one set of items I ordered from Milners came the next afternoon. The only problem was that one of the belts was too short (air con) so I sent it back and they replaced it with another wrong length one!!

The last order they had from me was the rear springs and a filter set. All arrived within 48hrs with no probs.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                      Ordered rear springs wednesday night by e-mail with credit card details
                      arrived here this morning (Friday) - Great service well chuffed.
                      I'll be riding high by Monday.
                      hope i'm not spoiling the party but dont milners say their springs are 20% stronger not 2" higher

Fieldsy - why do ya want a !!!!!! sump washer anyway, they dont leak! drain and fill it man

Comment

Funny thing is m8, I don't, they suggested it!!!, and they said for 50p you might as well have one, so I said ok. If they had told me it was out of stock at the time of ordering, I wouldn't have bothered and would probably have got everything on time and be all greased up tomorrow, but with no filters, my hands are kinda tied.

Comment

MILNERS have been good to me parts within 2 days. if i need them for the weekend i try & order them early in the week. My steering idler arm balljoint went on the way to Cornwall 1 Surf + 1 -1500kgs Caravan Snaking down the A30. They sent one out Straight away got it the next day ST IVES, As it was only a couple of months old & still under the 12 Month Warranty I had nothing to pay not even the postage.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

s'pose I've been spoilt by roughtrax, who I've ordered from 2-3 times and had next day delivery no probs, but seeing as most people seem to get their filter kits from Milners, I thought I'd give it a go and try somewhere different.......and of course they were cheaper, but I'm now getting items 5 days after I've ordered them...........and still paying same delivery charge

Comment

milners still owe me £25 from a ball joint they sent me incorrectly and i sent back... really bad service that time... have been good in the past though.
                              i find roughtrax better for service but it is just barry and his wife there so i guess it could be quite hectic if it gets busy!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X