Forum - permissions changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum - permissions changes

In line with the forum subscription renewal coming up and also user suggestions, we have made a couple of changes to the user capabilities on the Forum.

Users will now only be able to use the Private Messaging once they have achieved over 350 posts or if they pay subscriptions.

There have been a number of people registering, sending a few PMs and then never appearing again. This will get over this problem. Users once they get to 350 posts will automatically be promoted to Senior Registered Users and will then be able to PM.
    So if you have any PM's saved in your inbox and less than 350 posts, save them somewhere else or you will lose them as of 11th Oct.

Also, with subscription renewal now upon us we will be removing the option to become a lifetime member. All currently subscribed members (annual subscription) will have the option to upgrade to lifetime when their subscription expires (subscribed up to end September 2004) however all new subscriptions will be on an annual basis from now on. This is in recognition of the fact that the costs of running this site are escalating everyday with the number of members and therefore the amount of traffic. The current subscriptions do not cover the costs of running this place even 50% and it is therefore still costing Koi and I a large amount of our own money.

See Subscription sticky thread for new rates and description of benefits of subscribing.

Cheers
    Last edited by Koi; 29 September 2004, 15:30.

i only subscribed 6/7 weeks back, does that mean i have to pay all over again ?
    [SIZE=5]ANDY[/SIZE]

[U]HOLMESDALE EAGLES[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by thechaddyboy
      i only subscribed 6/7 weeks back, does that mean i have to pay all over again ?
      Read it again.

Also, with subscription renewal now upon us we will be removing the option to become a lifetime member. All currently subscribed members (annual subscription) will have the option to upgrade to lifetime when their subscription expires (subscribed up to end September 2004) however all new subscriptions will be on an annual basis from now on.

What it means is that those who have paid up to now ie Sept 04 keep the level they currently have. eg if you paid for a year then you get a year, but when your renewal comes up ie sept 05 you will have the new choice of upgrading to lifetime or repeating your yearly subscription. The opportunity of of lifetime subscription is only open to anyone who subscribed up to this date ie today, up to when your renewal is due. Then after your renewal date it will be withdrawn.
      For those who subscribe from today will have the yearly option only.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Who should the cheque be made payable to?
        A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

made myself a lifetime member yesterday (paypalled!)

am i still in for life then?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
            made myself a lifetime member yesterday (paypalled!)

am i still in for life then?

Chris
            Yes you lucky person you
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by keef
              Who should the cheque be made payable to?
              As per the subscription thread at http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1140
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.
                Can we not change this to 30 seconds ?????? as its a pain!!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.
                  wassup? can't wait a measily 30 secs? Give someone else a chance to reply!
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    You type too quick M8

Cheers

Comment

Does my lifetime subscription still stand(paid last year)or do I have to pay again?