steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering wheel

Any body replaced there plastic original steering wheel,(1993 3.0l) whats available and how easy is the job, also anyone purchased and fitted one of the wooden internal trim kits off e bay, again how do they look once fitted ??

The DUKE has just done his. No doubt he will reply ??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

wooden trim??? it's not a Rover ya know!

Comment

There's LOADS of different s/wheels available - just a matter of what style you prefer , or

I've just replaced mine with a MOMO Millenium Evo (350mm diameter) You just need the correct boss kit (MOMO 7715), the s/wheel (obviously), a philips screwdriver, socket set (think the bolt mentioned below might be around 17mm?), possibly some extra wire, a couple of spade connectors for said wire and the plier type thingumyjig needed to connect said connectors to said wire

The swapping of the wheels is a piece of cake (just remember not to fully remove the large retaining bolt before tugging on the wheel to free it from the column [otherwise it'll be off to A&E with a broken nose!] : )

Check out the various wheels around by looking at numerous accessory stores (online or walk-in), start with shopmomo.com or just run a google on MOMO stockists.

As for the wooden effect trim - had this on my previous Surf (91 2.4) & TBH I didn't like it one bit. There are a few trim styles available too - do a search on this forum for "aluminium trim", "aluminium dash kit" or similar as these have been mentioned fairly recently (shippable from the US).

Let us know how you get on (with descripts/pics if poss).

HTH

NorthWestDirt
        [aka Paul]

Comment

Mine had the wooden dash kit (and steering wheel) on when I got it, admittedly it was a bit worse for wear in places but it just looks a bit tacky in my opinion.

I've pulled it all off but I need to get some kind of solvent on the dash now to remove the glue marks.

Anyone have any pics of an aluminium one fitted? Just wondering if that one looks any better.

Comment

- meths!

Comment

cheers thanks for the steering fitting info, i'll leave the wooden dash to hoseasons

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
                - meths!
                I'm more of a Jack Daniel's man but I'll try anything I suppose!

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X