Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, gutted and saddened as much as everyone else. Also happy with an annual subscription if it helps keep it alive. Spare time sees me reading through all the posts as far back as they go, and I'm nowhere near up to date yet, lol
    It's been an invaluable help from normal servicing stuff to rebuilding my engine a couple years ago.
    Not sure where I'll get all the info I need and want if it shuts down

Comment

Some of the old members went to this forum, but that's just as dead as most of the others, Jess, Alex and a few others will remember it
      http://daemon4x4.org/board/forum.php?id=2
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Sad and a shame to have to close it down. End of an era.

Webhosting is cheap as mentioned, domain registration is a bit more. But then the hours the admins put in, moderating etc.

I'd be willing to help out where I can.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

The Aussie site is free. Always has been apart from the rare occasion we have asked for a small donation from those that would like to do so. I am an Admin there and have been for years. When it comes to moderating, I do very little because it's not needed. Something wrong if this site shuts down for those reasons stated.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            The Aussie site is free. Always has been apart from the rare occasion we have asked for a small donation from those that would like to do so. I am an Admin there and have been for years. When it comes to moderating, I do very little because it's not needed. Something wrong if this site shuts down for those reasons stated.

Nev.
            Agree Nev, I suspect its as much to do with the admin just getting tired of it as it is to do with money, understandable I guess, I don't want to loose touch with the guys on here so I will try and re-register with the Aussie site (never did reckon much to the American one), and if Face ache's the only way to go then I'll go on the surf page there, I'm gradually getting the hang of using Facebook but it not a patch on a forum, as said you cant seem to browse for info etc., so Alex jess and others let me know where the Facebook page is or what it's called

Comment

The Aussie forum is very quiet as well. I don't mind really, as I am getting old like the Surf. The current owner is really not an active member either, as I think he sold his Surf years ago. He would like someone to takeover ownership, but that's not for me. He does visit almost every day just to check everything is ok. I am still quite active there if anyone wants help.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                Agree Nev, I suspect its as much to do with the admin just getting tired of it as it is to do with money, understandable I guess, I don't want to loose touch with the guys on here so I will try and re-register with the Aussie site (never did reckon much to the American one), and if Face ache's the only way to go then I'll go on the surf page there, I'm gradually getting the hang of using Facebook but it not a patch on a forum, as said you cant seem to browse for info etc., so Alex jess and others let me know where the Facebook page is or what it's called
                The Aussie site and Nev are great, a lot of info there. The US site is actually quite good too, loads of info and still busy, as theres a tonne of 4runners over there, problem is they are all petrol so not much use to us for engine issues.

Comment

Sad news. I bought my 4runner two years ago and found this forum very rich of information. Maybe it an idea to have comercials in the forum to be able to reduce the costs?

Comment

Ian it's NO good asking me about face-ache I can just about get meself in to old Forum !! n as for the Aussie Forum well it's just bin too long a time

16+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Not a scooby Ian, not a facebook kind of guy, although not ruling it out now.
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Well I never thought I'd go on Facebook bit I have been on 2 model truck pages for about 2 weeks, still getting it wrong now and then, just figured out how to load some pics and get the text to appear with them all at the same time, first attempts ended up with pictures and text all over the auction, it's better than f##k all but give me a forum any day, anyway before this site goes down the pipes I'll post my email address and if some of you guys want to add yours I'll copy them down, never know when we might
                        feel the need to "reach out"

Forgot to put my addy in ian.price90@outlook.com
                        odd innit, the closeing down post got more replys than we had in several years
                        Last edited by POPEYE; 28 September 2017, 08:37.

Comment

It will be a great loss if the forum closes. Aren't there any thrusting young bucks who would like to take it on?
                          I'm happy to make a donation if it would help?

As someone posted earlier, all that information would be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
                          Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

Comment

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/uk/244...ml#post2808224

I'll be over there.

My Surf has no intention of curling up and dying.
                            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Someone can always make me an offer for the site and continue running it.
                              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                              My choice
                              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                                http://www.toyota-4runner.org/uk/244...ml#post2808224

I'll be over there.

My Surf has no intention of curling up and dying.
                                tried and failed, it wont let me in and don't know how to contact any admin

Comment

Working...
                                X