No announcement yet.

Lowered Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It rides like a soapbox on wheels, dare to go over a speed hump at anything over 15 mph and I leave my seat.
    Got 1st chance to look underneath it this weekend and find what look like quite new (but short ) springs and fairly new ES9000 shockers. After looking through a few posts on the forum I checked the distance between the centre of the wheel and the wheel arch and found this to be 17" instead of the 22" that it apparently should be.
    As the springs look pretty new it seems as if the car may have been deliberately lowered.Question is, if I fit standard springs will the shockers still be ok.
    The tyres are 275x70x16 and are just rubbing the inside of the wheelarch at times, will the standard springs prevent this or are the tyres just too big.
    .............................. .............................. .............................. ...
    I'D take it back & have them sort the suspension out at least.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Mine arrived from the Land of The Rising Sun with wrong shocks that were too short and were compressing the springs!! Appalling soap box ride resulted.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Working...
      X