Suspension recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension recommendations

I am going to be changing my shocks and springs. I am reliably informed that a 2" lift is a straight bolt-on the the Gen 3. My question is this, has anyone fitted the 2" Pedders kit from Roughtrax?

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/pedders-...assembled.html

Would you recommend it? I'm not a fan of an overly harsh ride, so is it noticeable stiffer that the current (standard) set-up?
    Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

The roughtrax kits are a 20% uprated spring so they will be stiffer I have no personal experience of them but thats my guess. Plenty on here have used these lits though so I'm sure someone will be along soon with the verdict.
    Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

I have Pedders kit on both my 3rd gen surf and my land cruiser and have had no problems with these kits I have been to Morocco 3 times with the land cruiser and they coped really well

Comment

But do you lose your fillings every time you hit a bump?

I don't want to buy Pedders and then have someone tell me I should have bought ES9000's !!
        Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

Comment

There is the option for the Monroe shocks as well, both kits use the same springs. There is also the Iron man stuff too I had these on my Colorado and was very impressed go for the "B" springs, you can get them from West Coast off road at Southport they are the most helpful bunch of people you could ever meat nothing is too much trouble (and no I don't work there before anybody chirps up!) 01704 229014
          Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

I had the Monroe kit.
            -It was awful.

Made everything rock hard. In the end I shipped a Toytec kit from the states.

Biltsein rear shocks on old man emu "comfort" 3" lift springs
            Toyotec font coilovers on Eibach springs. much much better. (but nearly 3x the price)
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Working...
            X