yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonnet eyebrow Deflector, what do you think ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet eyebrow Deflector, what do you think ??

Hi. Came across this bonnet deflector / Eyebrow which I purchased off eBay. Paid £40 with free delivery. very easy to fit which took a few minutes. Would like your opinions, I'm thick skinned so don't hold back

its not only for custom look but does serve a purpose

FEATURES:

Bug deflector extends and contours the full length of the hood. Protects front end and hood from everyday road damage and flying debris.
    It provides protection from dents, chips and scratches of flying stones, rocks and other ruins.
    Bug shield deflector redirects airflow to keep bugs from splattering on your windshield.
    Attached Files

My LC 90 had one on when I bought it, first thing I did was remove it, I really dont like them, but then again I,m the guy who fitted a " Sancho " spoiler to his 2nd gen, so who am I to criticise.

Sancho spoiler pic in post 12.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ler#post806283
    Last edited by Bogus; 17 April 2017, 09:43. Reason: Added a link with pic of said Sancho spoiler
    Сви можемо

Comment

It looks ok!

Maybe a grey one would be better as it'd match your plastics...maybe they are not available in grey?

Cheers

Comment

I fitted one to my old truck after some truely appalling road dressing took place where I live. It did a good job of deflecting the chippings.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Looks good, I've had one for quite a few years now, (that "Sancho" spoiler is legendary Alex, remember it well
          Attached Files
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Definitely not an everyday Rough tough rebel rousing sort o' thing I'd fit to II Gen meself but if ya a shiny or hairdresser then Ok, but not my Bag ......

16+ Years of Surfs .. Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Not for me, just make sure you keen it clear and clean behind it I have seen the fronts of bonnets rot through caused by crap stuck behind holding moisture.
              Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Boo Crew View Post
                just make sure you keen it clear and clean behind it I have seen the fronts of bonnets rot through caused by crap stuck behind holding moisture.
                i was going to say the same
                the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Miss bag of comments. More dislikes than likes which I expected. Every vehicle I've owed its been altered one way or another. Put new exhaust cans at weekend on my Honda VFR to change the styling but most important was for the sound !!

Every day I look through my eyes as if I was 21 years old. Unfortunately my body tells me different

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysen View Post
                    Miss bag of comments. More dislikes than likes which I expected. Every vehicle I've owed its been altered one way or another. Put new exhaust cans at weekend on my Honda VFR to change the styling but most important was for the sound !!

Every day I look through my eyes as if I was 21 years old. Unfortunately my body tells me different
                    Go on my son! I see noise on a bike as more of a safety feature, my old RG500 has the noisiest pipes I have ever heard ahh 4 pot 2 stroke the noise, the smell if only I was in my twenties again It wouldn't cripple me after half an hour!
                    Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Seem to be that many of us share same passion, bikes, and surfs,

I'm on an cbr600, and xtz750
                      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                        Seem to be that many of us share same passion, bikes, and surfs,

I'm on an cbr600, and xtz750
                        Yes I miss me Harley Trike loads (Noisy Pipes n all) over 18 months passed now but made me grin every time passing parked cars setting off alarms ....
                        Now in me mid 60's the Trike's gone but the Truck's still setting off alarms
                        (still 21 at heart)

16+ Years of Surfs .. Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Loud exhausts save lives!! I have a Kawasaki ZRX1200 with a cut-down Micron race can which wakes the neighbours! Sadly living and commuting in Central London I can't squeeze through the traffic on the Rex so I commute on a Yamaha X-Max 250 scooter.

And then I have a restored Kawasaki GPZ900R which only comes out on high days and holidays...

Last edited by Thomas A. Swift; 18 April 2017, 15:23. Reason: Adding picture
                          Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

Comment

I really don't like these I'm afraid.

Its the start of the slippery slope for lots of other bolt on tat!
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

I grew up a 10 minute walk from the Ace - but that was before they moved it and put the prices through the roof !

Used to go in on a Saturday morning, get a plate of chips and sit in the corner watching them strip down engines on the café tables

Glad I don't live there now though

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                              X