Indoor lights question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor lights question

Not surf related but I am wondering if anyone knows owt about replacing those G9 bulbs with LED ones, the G9's are 33W, what replacement do I need for roughly the same brightness? I don't need them to be dimmable,
    Had a look at several Google pages and still non the wiser, I think I saw on one that 7.5W is the brightest led available, any help advice greatly appreciated,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

7.5w led should be similar brightness. LED lamps are usually rated in Lumens which is not strictly a measure of brightness its a measure of luminus flux, I could explain fully but it's a long drawn out explanation which would probably bore you senseless so I wont bother but in a nut shell the more Lumens the brighter, don't forget the colour temperature 3k yellowish more like your normal lamp colour 5-6k bright white 7k more blue 8k more violet!

Hope that helps a bit.
    Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

7.5 watt will be very bright. 5w is supposed to be roughly equivalent to 50w halogen, and if its for the house, go for the warm white, the bright white is for workshops and labs and the like, and just doesnt look like right in a domestic setting.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Just pop onto a screwfix and have a look in the catalog, they give you the equivalent watts on the led bulbs so if you need a 60w it'll be something like a 10w led equivalent to 60w halogen

Comment

Thanks guys that's great, they are for ceiling and wall lights in the hall and landing, I saw some 5w leds advertised so warm white is the best to go for, we have G9's in the old wall lights and the dam things seem to always be popping, got the new ceiling lights from B&Q wed (grannys day) and at £50 each they don't even give you a pack of 5 bulbs to go with them,
          I changed the GU10 ones in the kitchen light bar some time back with led ones and they were as dim as hell, there even more of a pain to change,
          thanks again all
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I have these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSQN1...986871_TE_item

9 in my living room, to replace the old 50w halogen lights.

I have been very wary of LED lights as many give out a truly horrible light, but these give out a nice warm light, no buzzing, and the room heats up less!! -packet says they will last for 23 years!

9x 6W as opposed to 9x100W has to make a difference energy wise too!

One thing to note, my old Halogen transformers caused buzzing/flickering with the LED replacements, so I went with a set of these too:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016AH5A...986871_TE_item

Very happy with the results.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Working...
            X