Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Wheel Drive problem

Hi All

My truck has a glitch with 4 wheel drive. I keeps trying to put itself into 4 wheel as I go through the gears. Its like somone hitting the the gear box with a sledge hammer. If I accelerate very very slowly I can some times avoid it and it doesn't happen in 5th gear.

Im looking for a short term fix in disabling the 4 wheel drive if that's possible, until I have a chance to get it sorted.

I know I have an electrical short somewhere as all the dash lights flicker on and off. This has been happening for years but not affected the truck till earlier this year.

What can I unplug to disable it but still allow me rear wheel drive

Any help appreciated

Cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark sorry to hear ya having problems after nine years .... Can't really help or suggest much (I'm not electrically apt) other than to disconnect the battery for about half an hour n re-connect n see if it makes a difference.
    I'm sure somebody will be along shortly with more than me on electrical experiences.
    Good Luck

16+ Years of Surfs .. not Spotless but Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Maybe disconnect the ADD Relay located up on the brake pedal bracket or unplug the 4WD computer behind the centre console area.

Nev.

Comment

are you sure yer 4wheel gear stick
        is not half in half out that would cause yer probs
        worth a look
        the old git

Comment

Working...
        X