General Grabber AT2 33x12.5x15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Grabber AT2 33x12.5x15

Does anyone know where I can get a General Grabber AT2 in that size 33" x 12.5" x 15 ? Cant seem to find any for sale
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Welcome back Tony, I'd give RT a call if ya haven't already (they list em) Try Blackcircles, Silverline Wheels & Tyres, Tyres Direct, AJS Tyres (Surrey)
    Good Luck
    Jess

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! again have 2 Surfs
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      Does anyone know where I can get a General Grabber AT2 in that size 33" x 12.5" x 15 ? Cant seem to find any for sale
      Hello Tony

Have you tried AJS on the A217?
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi Jess how are you? Thanks so much, completely forgot about AJS!

Hi Colin hope you're keeping well. Apparently no one round our way does 33" tyres anymore. There was a place in Wallington (nr the Dukes Head) but apparently it's gone now and I didn't notice it when I drove past it a few weeks ago.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Quick update, I'm phoning around and I think I'm in the same situation I was in when I originally tried to purchase the BF Goodrich version of the 33x12.5x15. Back then I was told they've stopped making the tyres and stocks were running out, hence why I went with AT2. As I understand the tyre companies make a batch of said tyre then stop making them. Supplies will gradually run out over time and then demand rises and they make another batch. I seem to be in that supply low, demand high sort of stage

Considering dropping tyre size back to 31" but it means buying five. Would be easier for me mum to get in though.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hi Jess how are you? Thanks so much, completely forgot about AJS!
            Not so bad thanks Tony, sounds like you n ya Mum are doing Ok too ....
            Been running GG AT2 265x70x16 on Modular's for around 6 or7 years now no probs ....

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! now 2 Surfs again ..
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mum just turned 50 so took her to iceland to see the lights. Unfortunately it was cloudy the day they were (barely) visible. But we went out all day in an icelandic truck. They were set up for 40-something inch tyres but were running 40" or 42" can't remember exactly. We went everywhere from driving on the beach, to driving through melt water rivers on the lava plains. Mum really enjoyed it but she was a bit sore after that. The truck was just a new landrover defender with a huge lift. You can check them out on ww.superjeep.is
              I'd definitely go again, the driver was a very good guy. They have F350 lifted trucks as rescue trucks. I struggled to get in and had to push myself up off the door handle and seat so my bottom would be high enough to sit on the rear seat.

Good tyre size Jess. Will be a lot less aggro than mine. I'm running the equivalent of 325x70r15

Camskill has BFGs for under 150 quid each which isn't too bad. AJS want 175 each including the VAT. I'm going to do a bit of juggling, buy a new tyre, fit it to the spare rim. Fit the General Grabber tyre that was on the spare rim to the front alloy. So all four tyres are the same and the different one is the spare, hopefully not to ever be used. The spare tyre is being used at the moment. It's 7 years old since purchasing all of them and this is the first time being used. So thats the plan

Thanks for your help. Next problem, volt meter on the dash board went up to 18v and "wobbled a bit" but is okay now. Alternator was replaced recently (within the last 18 months). I can't think of any other reason why more volts would be supplied into the system other than faulty gauge, bad alternator or batterys ruined, but the batteries are new too (few months).
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Mum just turned 50 so took her to iceland to see the lights. Unfortunately it was cloudy the day they were (barely) visible. But we went out all day in an icelandic truck. They were set up for 40-something inch tyres but were running 40" or 42" can't remember exactly. We went everywhere from driving on the beach, to driving through melt water rivers on the lava plains. Mum really enjoyed it but she was a bit sore after that. The truck was just a new landrover defender with a huge lift. You can check them out on ww.superjeep.is
                I'd definitely go again, the driver was a very good guy. They have F350 lifted trucks as rescue trucks. I struggled to get in and had to push myself up off the door handle and seat so my bottom would be high enough to sit on the rear seat.

Good tyre size Jess. Will be a lot less aggro than mine. I'm running the equivalent of 325x70r15

Camskill has BFGs for under 150 quid each which isn't too bad. AJS want 175 each including the VAT. I'm going to do a bit of juggling, buy a new tyre, fit it to the spare rim. Fit the General Grabber tyre that was on the spare rim to the front alloy. So all four tyres are the same and the different one is the spare, hopefully not to ever be used. The spare tyre is being used at the moment. It's 7 years old since purchasing all of them and this is the first time being used. So thats the plan

Thanks for your help. Next problem, volt meter on the dash board went up to 18v and "wobbled a bit" but is okay now. Alternator was replaced recently (within the last 18 months). I can't think of any other reason why more volts would be supplied into the system other than faulty gauge, bad alternator or batterys ruined, but the batteries are new too (few months).
                Tony, (sorry for banging on but so as not to put the Forum in any legal shenanigans/wranglings) This is not sour grapes or a biased opinion but just my opinion over the years of life's experiences, go with ya head not ya wallet n it could save you n ya Mums life.
                No I'm not advocating throwing any amount of money at repair/servicing costs but when it comes Brakes, Tyres, Steering or Lighting I always stick with reputable suppliers as RT, Milners etc. However in less important repairs/servicing sometimes local or national depending on the nature or urgency ....
                Good Luck
                ps.
                I have no allegiances to anyone only to my Truck n it's Safety, Trust in reliability/value for money n not forgetting experience.

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a"T" is my Yota !! Now 2 Surfs again
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                X