No announcement yet.

Any Surf Mechanics greater manchester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Surf Mechanics greater manchester?

Hi
    I have Gen 2 1995 3.0 TD. It need's a few bits sorting out.

When I brake it's pulling to the left,also when turn the steering wheel to the left it starts to vibrate.

I live in Rochdale, Greater Manchester anyone know a mechanic who knows how about surfs?

Thanks

Hi sorry, but I'm down in Birmingham and don't know any garages up that way.

From the sound of your first problem, I would say it is brake related. possibly a seized caliper or similar, any respectable garage should be able to sort this out for you. It could even be a wheel bearing seizing.

The 2nd one may be related to the above or possibly drive shaft related which could be attributed to a wheel bearing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      Hi sorry, but I'm down in Birmingham and don't know any garages up that way.

From the sound of your first problem, I would say it is brake related. possibly a seized caliper or similar, any respectable garage should be able to sort this out for you. It could even be a wheel bearing seizing.

The 2nd one may be related to the above or possibly drive shaft related which could be attributed to a wheel bearing again.
      Got to agree with Growler on the first problem ...
      But make sure ya not in 4 WD this could be related to ya second problem ..

16+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! Now 2 Surfs again
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hoses hanging loose.

Thanks guys. I thought it might be a seized calliper, wasn't so sure about the shaky bits.

There are a few other bit's on the engine that look wrong, I think the AC compressor has been removed and some hoses just hanging around. Does anyone have a picture of this 3.0 TD Auto 1995 engine I could check against mine? please?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X