Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 soft engine shut down thing

Hi all,
    I'm back in the UK and after my mechanic has done work on my truck the engine now turns off like an old transit. I accidentally managed to make this happen before when i missed off a vacuum hose but i believe I've checked what i had missed off before and still no resolve. I'm not sure if there is a faulty part or a hose is misconnected.

Does anyone have any info on how that system works to make the engine shut down smoothly? I'm at a loss at what to look at.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

If you take a look at the venturi on top of the intake manifold, there is a vacuum thingy that operates a linkage for the small butterfly. Check if you can see the lever operate when you shut down the engine. If not, then I suspect vacuum hose(s) not connected correctly.

Nev.

Comment

Top man thank you very much. I'll have a look when it's daylight
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I couldnt find the small butterfly or a linkage. Only have a few more hours of daylight today then I'm flying back to oz tomorrow. I've tried googling for more info but difficult to find as not really sure what I'm looking for.

Where would the linkage and butterfly be, in relation to the large butterfly that has the hoses connected (on the intake manifold)? I have a 1KZTE.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

that large butterfly is actually two butterflies in one. throttle cable operates the big one and vac hoses operate the small one, which is part of the big one.
          those vac hoses you mentioned is what you need to look at.

Comment

Working...
          X