!!!!!! eBay Arrrrrrrrrgghh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!!!! eBay Arrrrrrrrrgghh!

I got an email today, saying that eBay had tried to collect a Direct Debit ( on 31st August, so why leave it nearly two months b4 telling me) and failed because I had insufficient funds etc zzzzzzzzzzzz. I checked with the bank to find that, at the time the allegedly tried to debit the amount, I was flush and have been since. The bank have no record of eBay trying to debit the account.

I have tried to find out if there is any way of contacting their accounts dept. No! Return address on email. No! You can't talk to anyone. You can't write.
    The only way I can get my account reinstated, because I am banned from trading at the mo', is by paying by Credit Card. It's like dealing with a !!!!!! machine.

The girl at my bank said that her family have the same trouble with them every month.

Anyone on here had similar trouble?
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I got an email today, saying that eBay had tried to collect a Direct Debit ( on 31st August, so why leave it nearly two months b4 telling me) and failed because I had insufficient funds etc zzzzzzzzzzzz. I checked with the bank to find that, at the time the allegedly tried to debit the amount, I was flush and have been since. The bank have no record of eBay trying to debit the account.

I have tried to find out if there is any way of contacting their accounts dept. No! Return address on email. No! You can't talk to anyone. You can't write.
    The only way I can get my account reinstated, because I am banned from trading at the mo', is by paying by Credit Card. It's like dealing with a !!!!!! machine.

The girl at my bank said that her family have the same trouble with them every month.

you're sure it's not a spoof? i get one about every two weeks, either from e-bay or paypal, trying to get your details, dodgy ba*****s.

Comment

Hmmmmm, I had an "account overdue" eamil today as well, I've emailed them and asked what the heck is going on, direct debit set up for some time and, up till now, no problems. Checked the DD mandate, still live. I'm giving em nowt till they sort themselves out
      try this route - help - Ask about selling (for sellers only) > Billing and fees > Other questions about billing and fees
      Last edited by dazzo23; 25 September 2004, 19:47.

Comment

Ive had it before but they were not lying I paid on c/card and nowt problems since then. They do take a while to invoice though! I owe em nearly £100 again
        Tim
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

ITS DEFINITELY A SPOOF, WE'VE BEEN GETING THEM FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS. JUST FORWARD THE ORIGINAL EMAIL TO SPOOF@EBAY.CO.UK
          YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD ON YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.
          Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by b19aus
            ITS DEFINITELY A SPOOF, WE'VE BEEN GETING THEM FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS. JUST FORWARD THE ORIGINAL EMAIL TO SPOOF@EBAY.CO.UK
            YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD ON YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.
            Followed your advice. We'll see what happens although, on checking my eBay account, it does say that payment is more than 30 days overdue. I'm sure that if it is genuine they will let me know. It's just a mystery that my bank know nothing about it as they love to bill me £25 for the pleasure of telling me a DD has failed.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Not sure it's a spoof, the figures quoted by them are the same as those on my ebay account page and the only web page it directs you to is www.ebay.co.uk, I'm also puzzled what's happened to my direct debit. Checking back through emails I found one from ebay dated 15/09/04 informing me of my balance and when it would be debited from my bank account (next 5 - 7 days) but so far nothing, think their system has thrown a wobbly

Comment

Originally posted by dazzo23
                Not sure it's a spoof, the figures quoted by them are the same as those on my ebay account page and the only web page it directs you to is www.ebay.co.uk, I'm also puzzled what's happened to my direct debit. Checking back through emails I found one from ebay dated 15/09/04 informing me of my balance and when it would be debited from my bank account (next 5 - 7 days) but so far nothing, think their system has thrown a wobbly
                The figure in the email tallies with my eBay account too. I have had a reply from the spoof email report system saying the mail I got was genuinly sent by them. It's just not funny when their system is throwing one and they have banned me from trading until I have rectified their mistake!!!!!!
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                X