Grand Tour - Johannesburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Tour - Johannesburg

I'm a little behind on this, but just watched episode 2 of the Grand Tour, (Clarkson and Co.), last night. It was based in Johannesburg South Africa.
    Anyone see it?

They reported that the Hilux Surf is one of the top vehicles when it comes to Car-Jackings in Johannesburg. Apparently there are something like 30 car-jackings a day in the city.
    And the police have compiled a chart of the vehicles that are most likely on the wrong end. The Hilux Surf is right up there.

I can see why. Who wouldn't like to be seen cruising round South Africa in a Hiluz

Sorry to disappoint you but there are no surfs in Johannesburg, and probably only a handful in the whole of South Africa, where the import of second hand vehicles is so complicated that it is basically impossible. The most highjacked vehicle they refer to is the Hilux pickup.

However in the summer I saw a red 2nd gen surf near Wilderness, on the garden route, the only one I have ever seen in SA.

Cheers
    Last edited by tashtego; 22 December 2016, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
      Sorry to disappoint you but there are no surfs in Johannesburg, and probably only a handful in the whole of South Africa, where the import of second hand vehicles is so complicated that it is basically impossible. The most highjacked vehicle they refer to is the Hilux pickup.

However in the summer I saw a red 2nd gen surf near Wilderness, on the garden route, the only one I have ever seen in SA.

Cheers
      Thats a lie!!!...you saw me.. Haha.
      Attached Files
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Hahaha, true, But that was Namibia!

How are you doing Kevin? I guess not too bad, judging from the pic!

Where are you? We lost you lol!

Comment

Hahaha, true, But that was Namibia!

How are you doing Kevin? I guess not too bad, judging from the pic!

Where are you? We lost you lol!
          Truck is in SA Cape Town ready to ship to India. We changed our plans (Always do!!) and will ship back to Dar, Taz about October and drive down the East so see you in Malawi about then!!..
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Where is the campsite in the photo?

That would be great, we will see you in the autumn then.

Post a few pics on here every now and then so we keep up with your wanderings.

All the best!

Fabrizio

Comment

Where is the campsite in the photo?

That would be great, we will see you in the autumn then.

Post a few pics on here every now and then so we keep up with your wanderings.

All the best!

Fabrizio
              After the Air bags and 80 series springs..plus new roof tent fitted..and 270 degree awning.
              Attached Files
              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
              X