No announcement yet.

Just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No not yet , still wondering if it will be worth it or not , they are £120 for all 4 , then £85 courier costs then I need to get them refurbished , but I think they would look good on my 3rd gen surf

Comment

Just checked pictures and I can see nuts on the back

Comment

Originally posted by Big dog View Post
        Just checked pictures and I can see nuts on the back
        That'll make em easier to refurb then
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Just seen these while looking for my crag rims (if the link works) don't think hes posting tho and even so I dread to think of the shipping cost from Japan
          http://www.pictaram.com/media/132248...277_2051158113

have a look through the "Pictogram autopartscollector" pages, some mouth watering rims there, still not seen any the same as mine though, a couple very similar, makes the stuff they sell here look cr@p
          Last edited by POPEYE; 25 November 2016, 10:45.

Comment

Raguna ZZYZX, aftermarket, and originally fitted to a Pajero.

Since refurbed.. new centre caps from Raguna in japan, centre part finished in Audi Grey, outers in solver, all with a satin finish, and shod in 285/75/16 BFGoodrich AT's.

Took me ages to find a matching set of 5, but they look great.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              That'll make em easier to refurb then
              What makes you say that?

If they are three piece splits you can get sealing problems, two piece its just more labour.

A lot of wheel refurb companies won't touch split rims, I had issues finding one.

In the end I was recommended someone by Lepsons and he was useless. I could have done a better job myself.. especially at 160 a wheel! (He reused the valves FFS!!!)
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Well I found it much easier to refurb mine being 3 piece split rims, meant I could clean, strip off old coating and polish without effing about round bolts or studs, as for leaks on the joints I had no problems whatsoever, it aint rocket science, long as the mating surfaces are nice and clean and you use a good grade sealant, AND you take care fitting them together and tighten up the bolts evenly, (take em down slowly a bit at a time working round), I had all sorts of crazy prices for "doing them up" had one place say they use a "special formula " sealant and would not divulge what it was or who made it, bollock$
                sealant I used was off the shelf, forget the brand
                best thing is to look online for automotive grade sealants, We used sealant made by Bostic at the coachbuilders I worked for, trouble is I wasn't working there when I got the surf

Comment

Thanks for the link , they look fab

Comment

Working...
                  X